chapter 29

***

Anne returns

***

Guilt seeps through Anne as she stares at her phone. She just wishes they would call. She just wants to know if there alright but at the same time she wants to tell them the truth. She wants them to understand that it wasn't her fault. She had no choice.

Hearing the doorbell go off Anne steps out of the Living room and trails to the door. Opening it she frowns seeing Niall and zayn outside the door with sorrowful faces "we came as soon as we could" Niall says hugging Anne.

Anne moves back from the force of the hug and lets out an mph. Zayn gives her a small hug too "what are you two on about?" Both boys look at each other "Liam is working with Simon" Anne's eyes widen "w-what?" She says not expecting zayn to say that "he ratted us out. I know it was him. He was being such a dick the whole time. We've told the police and everything!" Zayn continues

Anne blinks a few times "come in, come in, let's not talk about this here" entering the house the boys take an uneasy seat remembering the last time they were here. Louis was crying over Harry's disappearance and devised a plan to get him back.

"Where's harry?" Niall asks Anne as she takes a seat "would you two like anything to drink?" Anne bypasses the question "umm no thank you Anne" nodding Anne leans back on the sofa "so where have you two been the whole time?" Zayn looks to Anne "hospital and then we tried to find harry but we couldn't so we went to the police ourselves and then came here because we thought maybe this is where he'll be"

Anne looks towards the two "harry's not here" Anne says making the boys frown "what do you mean? Where is he?" Niall asks to watch as Anne looks to the floor "Anne?" Zayn pushes abit. "He's in prison" both boys' eyes widen "WHAT?! SINCE WHEN??" Anne looks up to them "since he shot Liam" Niall frown "hold on? Liams dead? Harry killed Liam? Is Louis still in jail? Does that mean there together? What-" Anne slows zayn down while niall sits there tears gathering in his eyes

"You boys haven't been on social media over the last few months" they both shake here heads "wait how did you know Liam was working with Simon?" Anne asks especially "it was his plan all along. He lead up to where harry was and then used us to help Simon torture us for a long fucking amount of time while Liam was god knows where-"

Zayn stops as Anne puts her head in her hands in tears "Anne?" He asks getting up and kneeling next to her "are you okay?" Anne shakes her head "I feel so guilty" Niall frowns "it's not your fault Anne" she shakes her head "you don't understand" she says wiping her eyes "i-i-" Anne couldn't form the words.

Niall moves over to her "you what?" Zayn asks patiently "it's all my fault" she cries "Simon was blackmailing me. He forced me to out the boys so he could do all this. I didn't know what he wanted to do at the time but I couldn't let the information get out what he had"

Niall shakes his head "what did he have against you?" Anne looks to Niall "me and Liam...we umm...Liam had a crush on me back in the day. I just didn't think he would act on it.

----
"Liam your 21! You have a girlfriend this crush has to stop!" I say to him as we stand outside backstage after one of the concerts "I can't just stop it Anne. I've liked you since the start" he says stepping forward.

"I don't care. We both are in relationships you aren't thinking right!" Anne says "I've never thought more clearly in my life," Liam says grabbing my hips and pulling me forward for a kiss