chapter 39

***

Talking

***

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Louis asks the next day. They're at work, it's their last day that they can make plates. The lights arrived yesterday and are being made across the workshop. Louis and harry just need to somehow figure out a way to deliver them.

"No" Harry's answer wasn't surprising to Louis "can we just forget it ever happened? Liam is dead. Gone. He shouldn't be able to get under my skin still. He can't touch her I killed him" Louis couldn't stop the smile on his lips from harry answer "yes you did my baby"

Even though Louis won't admit it he misses Liam. Not the Liam working with Simon. The Liam he knew, his friend, his 1d watertight buddy, a sting goes through his heart knowing that he'll never be able to do that again, Louis will miss liams random calls asking if he was okay, Or random texts to ask if a song was good or his happy birthday messages.

But everything that he's done he can't help but think Liam deserves it. They've had so many arguments. One of the big ones was the time where he shoved harry against the wall just because he was drunk in his room and he was pissed for no fucking reason. If louis wasn't there to tell him to remove his hands Liam would have been long gone before any of this.

But he understands. He understands why harry lashed out. Or he's trying to. He thinks it has something to do with his PTSD. Making him more on edge and agitated. Honestly, he just can't stop thinking about Harry's eyes. How all the love and kindness drained out of them when he was choking him. He couldn't help but think if Harry's eyes were like that when he was killing Liam. Was his own like that when he was killing Simon?

Louis got stuck in his head as he continued with the pates. Not a thing was said after the short conversation. Louis still checked on harry, watching him carefully as he spraypainted the plates. Make sure he didn't injure himself. The normal.

After lunch was better for the boys finishing up the last plates their conversations going back to normal all being forgiven

"And done," harry says placing the last dry plate on the pile "finally" Louis sighs with a smile leaning down to kiss Harry's cheek "okay baby let's take these through and then we can ask to take the lights yeah?" Harry nods and they once again make their way through the hallways to the kitchen

"Finished!!" Louis screams like a child seeing Richard, Richard smiles at the two as harry moves closer to Richard as Louis places the last rack of plates in its place. "Perfect let's hope these plates last longer this time" Richard chuckles.

"Yup" Richard changes the topic slightly noticing Louis's appearance "lou you need a shave and your hair is nearly by your shoulder. go to the barbers" Louis chuckles, "says you, look at that thing," Louis says pulling on Richards's beard hair " Richard gaps "this is one of a kind"

Louis chuckles rolling his eyes "oh it now, what makes it so special" Louis plays along teasingly "it's because it only suits me" Louis laughs louder than he has in a while "oh yeah, I bet my beard would suit me more than yours"

Harry watches the conversation with a chuckle before Louis's statement "no! You're not growing a beard!" Harry says, Louis, turns to harry "I think you've forgotten who's in charge here baby" harry crosses his arms "yes well I'm playing the compromised card, you can keep stubble but nothing longer"

Louis lifts his eyebrows stepping closer to harry, Harry's guard falls as Louis holds Harry's chin rubbing it slightly making harry slightly uneasy "awe where my confident baby gone" Louis teases "i-i-i" harry stutters making Louis chuckle "I'm messing with you baby, wanna come with me to get a hair cut later?"

"Okay"

***