Cursed

CHAPTER 3

"Mikasa Ackerman, how do you know his relations aren't good with his parents?" Eren asked.

"Well, you said he is a loner that simply means something  must have happened and ever since then, he is caged within his thoughts and maybe needs someone who he can love? Or someone who understands him" she said.

Eren was stunned with her answer, she somewhat defined what he has been going through.
"Sorry, I shouldn't be saying these, don't take me seriously, I sometimes speak unnecessarily" the girl said.

"Are you a class topper?" He asked
"I would say yes. I'm one of the top 10 students in this grade" She paused and said
"I want to be a Psychologist in future, if I can"
"Well good luck with that" He said.

"Thankyou, You should eat now, I'll go"
before she could stand up Eren stopped her.
" Would you like to stay and have it with me.. maybe? I mean... don't think otherwise!, cuz these are yours so" He said avoiding any kind of eye contact with her.
"Sure" She answered with a gentle smile
She understood the boy wanted company but didnt said otherwise and quietly sat beside him.

"So, I told you about mine. What about you? What do you want to become when you grow up?" She asked.
Eren suddenly hold his breathe.What he wanted to become? Can he? He doesn't want to end up like his Dad. But what are his dream? Does he even have one?

"One shouldn't speak while eating" Eren said, he looked into her eyes "it's not good for your health."
"Uhm-right" She said. "Why would you stare at my soul like that"

"Yea wow Jean that's so amazing" Armin said entering the class with another boy.
"Mikasaaa! Hey I got a date" the boy told her with excitement.
There was some silence in the room, only the sound of wind was being heard.
She showed him a thumbs up and continued with what she was doing.
"Are you not happy for me Mikasa??" He asked.
"Yes Jean I am!" Mikasa said.
"Then why aren't you speaking" the boy asked again.
"Someone told me not to speak while eating" she said and looked back at Eren.
Eren face slammed himself.

"Uh ok, well what do you think I should wear on the date" Jean asked.
"I don't know ask Eren, he seems to have a good idea in these stuffs" Mikasa said.
"Ahh, Jaeger! I'm Jean btw. Are you good with girls?" Jean asked.

Eren sighed with his eyes slightly opened and said
"You should dress simply at your first date. You don't know what a girl likes and sees in a boy. Get to know her better during your first date and trust me impressing a girl with clothes isn't a thing. You have to act like a gentleman. Make sure she is comfortable around you" Eren said.

"That's very true actually" Mikasa added
"Okay then! Thanks Eren, I gotta go now" Jean said and left the three of them inside.

"You seem to know a lot" Mikasa asked "Do you have a girlfriend?"
"That's because I need to attend those stupid business parties a lot" Eren accidentally slipped his tongue.
"Parties?"
"Yea well it's a family thing" he lied.

"So Mikasa, you introduced yourself to him?" Armin asked sitting up on the table.
"We are friends actually Armin" she said.
Eren's eyes wided.
"when did I said Yes tho?"
"You said 'maybe' " Mikasa said.

Before Eren could say anything else the bell rang.
"Ah no time to argue, I gotta go to Miss Hange bye" with that she stood up and left the class.

"Do you like her?" Armin asked Eren.
"What? No why would I like her, we met like 10mins ago" Eren said pretty annoyed.

"You know Mikasa is trying to get over her past finally. So please be gentle with her. I wish I could stay with her all the time, she's precious to me" Armin said.
"She is like my sister.So if she ever does something to annoy you please don't be mad. I'm saying this to you because, she has never been so talkative with someone new" Armin said in a protective way.

The brown haired boy seemed concerned with what he said.
"What about her past?" Eren asked.
"I can't tell. I'm sorry" Armin said
"She acts."

It's been quite some weeks since Eren met Mikasa and the others. He slowly started to settle in his new environment but he still hasn't changed yet. There was feeling of loneliness and want. Want for love. Want for support. As much as he wanted this he was scared. Scared if fate will take his happiness again.Yes he did became friends with Armin and Mikasa, but there was guilt. Guilt for not being honest. Fear of not being trustworthy. As much as he wanted to be with them the guilt would always stop him.

"You don't want people around you to get hurt do you" a thought which would constantly spin around his head.
"You really think anyone would want you Eren?"

.

"Armin you like Annie right?" Mikasa suddenly questioned.
The blond boy had his eyes wided out "how did you-"
"And you didn't bother to tell me? Thanks to Eren I'm aware" the raven hair girl said, disappointed.
Armin looked at Eren and he immediately looked up.
"The weather today is so good" he said avoiding Armin.
"EREN! I told you not tell anyone" Armin called him out.
"Um well Eren is my friend. You told him the moment he stepped in but not your bestfriend who you know since 10years?" Mikasa asked.
"I'm your Friend?" Eren asked the girl.
"We do lunch together, sit together and you give me weather updates ofc we are" Mikasa said playfully.
"Mikasa you have to promise me, you won't tell Annie ok.." Armin said
Mikasa rolled her eyes and said "Fine, I won't but I will act obvious" with that she giggled and left.
Armin sighed "I knew it" and eyed at Eren
"Well it's now or never" Eren said, trying to save himself.

The last bell of the day ranged, Eren called Hannes to pick him up but he was busy with some work and told him to stay inside the school till he comes.
Eren went behind the school building and found an old oak tree. He decided to sat down there, but a sound of someone sobbing came from behind the tree. He looked who the person was and saw Mikasa sitting, curled in herself crying and breathing heavily with an envelope in her hand.

"Mikasa?" Eren said softly.
The girl looked up with tears coming down from the corner of her eyes.
"Eren... what are you doing here?" She asked.
Her hands and voice trembled. She was cold and her face was pale.
Without giving himself a second thought he wrapped her around his arms.
Mikasa couldn't control her emotions anymore and cried out.
"I'm cursed Eren, I'm...cursed"

An
I feel like this story is rushed out a bit lol 🥲 but I don't want to add filler chapters as well so.I'll try getting better with each chapter