Finale

CHAPTER 24

The form of finding valuable things that you never looked for. But you needed it, that is serendipity.

February 9th 2022 ( five years later )

"Mikasa just one date" Hitch said in her high pitched voice.
"I don't date" she said clearly annoyed.
"Why? Gosh don't tell me you're still thinking of that boy you met in Japan" she said.
Mikasa stayed silent as she took a slip of her coffee. "It's non of your business"
Finally giving up Hitch asked her again, "Was he that special that you have been waiting since five years?"
"I told you it's non of your business" the raven haired girl raised her voice and stood up.
"Where are you going" she asked.
"Library, I need some details for my recent patient"

Walking down the crowded road she noticed everyone's smile. Wide, filled with happiness.
"Why am I still waiting for him?" She thought to herself.
"Did he forgot his promise?"

Reaching at the library she straight up went to the librarian. "Hey Petra" she said with a weak smile, "are my books here?"
"Ah Mikasa yes, just give me a moment" the ginger haired girl said.
While she packed her books Mikasa saw an usual cover. She picked that book and observed the front page. "Is this the new book everyone has been talking about" she asked Petra.
"Yes! And it's so good, I recommend you"
"Who is the author?" Mikasa asked.
"Mikasa... really? You have been so busy with your job you really forgot how to socialize" Petra chuckled. "It's written by one of the most well known attorney and rising writer Eren Jaeger"

Her eyes wided hearing that name. That name which she hasn't heard from anyone since years. "Do you know where he lives? Is he here in Germany? Do you have his phone number? Or anything? Email?" She asked desperately.
"Well I think I might have his email but it's of no use beacause he never checks"
"Does he have a girlfriend? Is he married?" She asked again.
Petra let out a laugh, "No he doesn't. He is quite shy. Why? You seem oddly interested?" She added.

"No. I'm not interested" she said. "I never knew he became that successful. But he still never approached me?"
Dragging her footsteps outside, she stood under near a tree. "I am tried of waiting" she said pulling her head back.

A warm set of hands touched her neck as someone from behind wrapped a scarf. "Eren..." She said softly and looked behind disappointed seeing Hitch.
"My girl what did you just call me?
"Nothing, why are you here" she asked bluntly.
"Your suitcase,did you forgot you have a flight?" She asked. "I am happy, you're finally going back to Japan after years"
"Only because Levi and my friends misses me. And I know for a fact they won't leave me alone until I meet them" Mikasa said. "I'll leave now" she waved her a goodbye.

"Funny how he promised to comeback but he never did. Levi is living a good life with his wife, Armin and Annie are engaged, Sasha has a boyfriend only I am left alone behind" Her mind was running with questions.

After traveling for hours she reached back to her country. The place she hasn't visited since five years. Memories of her smiling with Eren flashes back. As she walked down the street, she still remembers everything. After being in Germany Mikasa never came back. She didn't wanted to be weak anymore. To the point when Levi decided to settle back in Japan she refused his offer and stayed with her roommate Hitch. Even when Armin and Annie got engaged she never visited them. Yes, that was a guilt she carried. And then her eyes saw that hill. That place where she first met Armin in her childhood, the place she use to feel peaceful. Where she first talked about her past with Eren.