Promise

CHAPTER 4

Mikasa's pov

"Armin, it will take me some time you should go home. I'll submit my files first" I said.
"you sure?" Armin asked.
"Yes" I said with a smile.
"Ok then cya" with that he left.

I submitted my files and was walking towards the school gate when I saw my aunt passing by. She looked pale.

"Hey" I waved at her.
"Mikasa" she said in a breaking voice and hugged me. My heart suddenly started to race.
"What- what happened?" I was impatient. She wasn't able to form up words
"your- mother"she breaks down
Crying.
"What about her??"
"Mikasa, your mother was in my house when she- she suddenly fainted. I got her to the doctor and was told she is diagnosed with cancer"

My heart stopped. Again. This is all happening again.
I felt like my whole world has crumbled into pieces. Again.

"Here are her reports" she handed me an envelope.
"Its her third stage, She knew it all along but didnt tell anyone about it. The doctor said she had 16% chance of survival in next 6months, I'm so sorry Mikasa"
I was appalled. Not knowing what to do.

"Where is she right now" I asked.
"She left for Germany an hour ago. She didn't wanted to face you and said she will be fine"

"Did Levi knew?" I asked still in shock.
"Yes. He was worried about her and went along with her. Tho he will be back soon"
"Please leave me alone" with that I went at the back of our school and sat down under an oak tree.

My heart seemed to pound even faster, even harder. I tried taking a deep breathe to calm myself, but my breaths were sharp and shallow. My vision got darker and narrower. I curled up and tried to calm myself down. My tears won't stop and I started to feel dizzy when..
Someone called my name out. I looked up and saw,
Him.

"Eren...what are you doing here" I asked in a shaky voice. He immediately hugged me and I couldn't help but cry out loud.
"Im cursed Eren. I'm.. cursed"

"No you're not" he said in a soft voice "Everything is fine ok" he said
"No its not fine" I said crying all my emotions out.
"I don't deserve to live, I don't-" before I could say anything further everything went blank. It was all black.

Mikasa's pov

I opened my eyes and noticed Eren sleeping down on the floor with his head besides me on the bed. I felt a sudden pain inside my chest and started to cough. My voice made him woke up.

"Hey hey are you okay? Do you need something?" He asked worrying.
I felt worse and a burden on him. I didn't wanted to bother him any further.
"It's okay, Thankyou Eren. I'll leave now" as soon as I stood up my head went drizzy again and I fell into his arms.
"Stop lying. You're safe here. It's my house so don't worry. I called Armin he will be here anytime soon" He said.

I remembered what happened before. "Mom..." I spoke softly
"She is.."
"I know"
"Sorry, I read that envelope. I'm sorry about your mom"
He said in a concerned voice
"It's not your fault. It's mine. I'm the cursed one. I have no one beside me" I said and broke into tears.

"You have me Mikasa" Eren said gently holding my hands.
"We are friends right? I promise I'll be your side"
He said with a melodic voice.
"I promise"
"Promises are made to break" I muttered.

"Thankyou for handling me back there. I'm embarrassed"
I said with my eyes closed not being able to look at him.

"Hey" he turned my face and said
"You don't need to be embarrassed of something you can't control"

There was a comfortable silence between us. It felt warm.

"Mikasa" I saw Armin and Annie standing by the door.
"Armin Ann-" before I could finish they hugged me. Tightly.
"Mikasa, you should have called me" Armin cried.
"what If Eren wasn't there huh? What if something bad would have happened" He hugged me again.
"Mikasa, about your mom" Annie said in a low voice
"You know we will always be there for you no matter what"

A single tear dropped from the corner of my eyes.
"I am not alone, I have two bestfriends who are always there for me and now even him"

"Hey its quite late now. How about a sleepover here?" Eren suggested.
"Ah great idea. So Boys get yourself a separate room, I'll be sleeping beside Mikasa the whole night" Annie said holding my hands.

Erens pov

Both of them sat beside Mikasa. I noticed her dry face and went to get her some water.
"Eren Jeager" A voice came
"Yes Hannes" I answered.
"Correction Dad" He said
I sighed "yes dad"
"Care to explain?"

"My friend Mikasa had a panic attack and she blanked out so I brought her here. You know I can't take her to my place"
He started to tear up a bit and cried
"Eren got friends now"
He said and started weeping

"I can't with you" I said.
When I came back to the room Annie and Armin weren't there.

"Where did the couple went?" I asked Mikasa.
She sighed and said "they went to buy some medicines for me. I told them not to, but they won't listen"
"They really love you don't they" I asked pouring some water and handling it to her.
"They do, they are like my family" she smiled
"And me?" I asked and immediately regretted
"shit"

● Thankyou for reading <3