Trip to Takayama

CHAPTER 13

The cold air stung her cheeks as she pulled her scarf up closer to her face. She looked around as the trees, streets, and houses were covered with a white blanket.
The only sound she could hear were her shoes crunching in the snow and it seemed quite.

The raven hair girl was walking in between the streets as she heard some footsteps struggling in the snow. She turned around and saw a Man covered in black. His face was hidden by a mask and a cap. Even his hands were covered in black gloves. She made an eye contact with him and he seemed like a middle age man. She didn't seem to care much and walked further. But the sounds were not heard again. She turned around only to see the street empty, like before.
"Am I thinking too much" she thought as she took the bus.

"Don't make her notice your again"
"Make sure to keep an eye on her. She is our only weapon left."

It's been 2 weeks since she saw Eren. After that music room incident he didn't came back school. She was about to doze off when, the classroom door slide. Her eyes wided as she saw him.

"Eren" she mumbled.
"Hey" he smiled softly.
That smile. That smile always gets her. But not this time.

"YOU. You were gone for 2 weeks! Where were you? I even texted you" she yelled at him and got everyone's attention.
"Mikasa.. we are in class" He awkwardly calmed her down.
She took a deep breathe and asked him again "where were you". Impatient the raven haired girl asked.
"My dad was in the hospital. His health wasn't good" he said.

Eren's pov

I lied again. I just keep lying to her. He thought as his memory flashed back.

-

"Eren, wake up" He yelled "Eren please"
"Bring him in" dad said.
"Can I know what's going on?" Zeke asked.
"Nothing son, just trying to get him on tracks"

That was all I could remember from that night.

My head was still hurting a lot as I opened my eyes.
"What is going on.." I groaned.
"Eren... you're awake finally. Have some water" Zeke offered me.
"Where are we going" I said still in pain.
"Uh well... you accidentally drank some alcohol and dad shifted you here when you weren't conscious. We are going to Takayama"

"Takayama??" My smile wided. Did dad remembered?
"Yes... There has been some business conflicts and you have to manage them. So he can test your ability" Zeke added.

My smile immediately dropped.
"So we are going there because of business?" I asked.
"Yea. Why? What else is there" he asked confusingly.
"Nothing" I said as I turned to the other side and tears started to fall down.
"he's selfish,egotistical but, I won't let him control me anymore"

Day1.
"Eren, so what's your suggestion?" Zeke asked me.
I stayed silent.
"Um Eren? Are you listening to me?" He asked again.
"It's okay Zeke, he won't speak" Dad suddenly came in the office.
"Until he won't get himself in it we are staying here. No matter how many days, weeks or months he take to change his attitude" he said and left.

Day2.
"Eren, any thoughts?"

Day3.
"Your phone will be with dad until we are here. Don't tell him, but you can use mine if you want to contact someone" Zeke said to me.

Day5.
"It's been 5 days. Till when are you going to remain silent. What's with the sudden change?"

Day6.
"Your Friend from school, I guess, called you. I tried answering but the network wasn't strong. Do you want to send her any message?"

Day7
I felt weak inside as I was completely drained mentally and physically. Like everyday Zeke came inside my room.

"I know you won't speak up but I got you coffee, if you want" He said and was about to leave the room.
"Wait" I stopped him.
He immediately came towards me "are you finally speaking?"

"If you will drop me to this address, I might consider doing the work" I said and gave him a note.
He stared at the address and said "what is it?"
"Take me there please" I requested.

We walked through the lush green valley, the vast landscape filled with aroma of daffodils and dandelions.
The tinkling of the bells and laugh of little kids around as they played in the river and splashed water.

The sky started changing its colors to pale grey indicating the start of snow.
It was so much different from the city.
"Do you have someone living here?" Zeke asked. "Just tell me already. I don't want to face awkwardness later on. Do they know who I am?"
"Yes" I said.

We reached at our destination. Everything still felt same. I nervously knocked on the door as I was still afraid to face them. It's been since forever.
The door was opened by an old woman as she smiled at me.
"You have grown so much Eren dear, you are taller than me now" she hugged me tightly "I knew you would come, I missed you"
"I missed you too, grandma"

"What did you say?" Zeke asked in a loud voice and immediately bowed down.
"Hello Ma'am, I'm Zeke Jaeger. Eren's-"

"Brother, I know" the old lady smiled.
"You don't have to be so formal. I have the same relations with you as I have with Eren"

"What made you come here all of a sudden?" The lady asked.
"I need a favour" I said nervously.

Thankyou for reading <3