Recollecting memories

CHAPTER 12

"Eren, wake up Look who is here"
"Tell her to go away" the brown headed boy mumbled in his sleep.
"As you wish, then I shall give her your favorite cake that I just baked as well, since you both won't be playing" the woman said.

"Cake? You baked a cake?" Eren suddenly sat up with his eyes wide open.
"Fresh up quick if you want it"
The brown headed boy groaned.
"5 minutes"
"FIVE?" the boy panicked and rushed to get dressed.

After a while he came down and saw the blonde girl sitting on the couch.
"Historia! Why would you come so early" the boy yelled.
"Because I wanted to play. Didn't you promised to spend your entire today with me" She answered.
"It's 10 in the morning" He groaned.

"Did you forgot! It's my last day here. I will continue my studies in Germany" she said as tears started forming in her eyes.
The little boy hugged the girl as she started sobbing, "I'll miss you Historia" He said.
"I'll miss you too Eren"
"Don't worry, when I'll get older I'll marry you. Then I will bring you back here" the boy said confidently.

"You will marry me?" She asked.
"Not now after 10 years when I'll be 16 years old" He said.
"Stupid. 16 is still very young" she laughed.
"Anyways, you better not make any friends okay?" He added.
"So you want me to stay alone?" She asked.
"I mean... don't tell your new friends our secrets okay? And remember I will always be your bestfriend" He said.
"Ofc you will, you will always be my number one Eren" the girl smiled.

"So who wants some cake" the woman came in with a smile.
"Me!" both kids said it out loud together and rushed to her.

"Thankyou Aunt Carla" Historia said and hugged her.
"You will be missed Historia" the woman said hugging her back.

"Can you stop hugging my mother" the brown headed boy said pretty annoyed.
"Aw look the little boy can't live one second without his mother" Historia teased him.

Carla gave her son a soft smile and said "Eren, what will you do without me?"
"Without you? That's not going to happen, I will always be with you. And I'll protect you from everyone mom" the boy said and hugged her mother.
She let out a slight tear and immediately wiped her face.
"Right, I'll always be with you Eren".

"I'll protect you from this blonde girl as well!" He said out loud.
"Hey, you are so rude" Historia yelled at him as she dragged Eren with his ears.

Carla let out a chuckle as she watched the kids.
"I wish Eren, I really wish to be with you forever. I hope one day you will find someone who will love you for being you"

Back to the ballroom.

The couples started to dance as the music was being played.

"Remember when you said you wanted to marry me?" Historia asked.
"Don't remind me, that was an awful idea. Why do you remember it tho? Don't tell you you're actually in love with me" he said.

"As if" She scoffed, "there are people better than you"
"Ymir?" He asked.

Historia blushed slightly and said "yes"

"Isn't she perfect?" She asked.
"Maybe to you" He said.
"Oh I know who is perfect in your eyes"
"Who?"
"Mikasa Ackerman" she teased him.

"no.. not her" He said and looked away.
"See, I remember you had a habit of looking away whenever you lie" the blonde girl exclaimed.

"Does Ymir know about you?" He asked.
"Yes, why do you think I'm dating her. There are no secrets between us"
"What did you told?" He asked again.

"Everything, how my father is one of the biggest 'yakuzas' in kyoto. How much I hate him and how I am fed up, from all these lies. She's the only one who knows everything about me after you"

"Should I tell Mikasa about everything as well?" He asked.
"Tell her whenever you feel is the right time. She is genuinely a kind person. I'm sure she will understand" Historia said with a smile.

The music ended as Eren hugged her, "Thankyou" he said.
"Always" she said hugging him back.

They finally took a seat nearby, "You know you can tell about me and Ymir to Mikasa" Historia said. "If that helps in any case"
The brown headed boy nodded, "how's Frieda?"
"She is doing great, I really wish Dad to step down from his position so that Frieda could take it. She would be so much better"
"Anyways why didn't you contacted me all these years? I know what happened to your mother but you should have atleast shared things with me, you completely shutted everyone down" she said.
The boy didn't said anything and stayed silence.

Historia felt guilty for asking him a sensitive question and immediately changed the topic, "did you know my dad even changed my name from Historia to Christa when I was in Germany" she said.
"What? Why?" The boy asked.
"I don't know, whenever I ask Frieda about it she just seems to ignore my questions. She said I shoud stay away from these matters"

"Atleast you got see another country without your old man, and then there's me" Eren sighed.
"Did the loser not had any friends ever since I left?" Historia laughed.
"I do now, Like Armin, Annie and Mikasa" He said with a 'proud' smirk.

"Mikasa? Your friend? I think she's more than that" she teased him.
"You shoud have stayed in Germany" He said.
"Wow that's actually rude you know" She added.

They talked and laughed as they recollected their memories.
"What about that guy Reiner" Eren asked.
"Don't even start with it" the blonde said.

The night ended as Eren waved Historia and sat inside the car. "Drop me to Hannes" He said.
"But didn't dad told you to reach at his mansion as he wanted to tell you something important", Zeke said.
"I do not care. And anyways I'm having an headache, I think the wine had alcohol in it" the brown headed boy said as he dozed off.

"Alcohol? But that's not possible. The rules were strictly made to not-" a thought suddenly stuck his mind.

"Eren, wake up" Zeke yelled "Eren please" before he could do or say anything, the duo had reached the Mansion.
"Bring him in" Grisha ordered some men.
"Can I know what's going on?" Zeke asked.
"Nothing son, just trying to get him on tracks"

An
I did originally thought to set this story in Madagascar (?) as shown in the anime but it wasn't suitable for some reasons. The ethnicity remains the same for every character, and this book will mainly revolve around Japan & Germany. I hope I make sense and thankyou for reading <33