Coincidence?

CHAPTER 17

January 2nd 2017 - present time

If she could remove one date from the calendar. It would be this.

The day her father left her, forever. She pulled out a black dress of hers.

"Mikasa are you ready?" Levi called her out. He saw his sister sobbing as the bedsheets were soaked in her tears. He sat down and gently rubbed her arms, "You need to stay strong"
"How can I? Do you realize we will be visiting two graves by next year"
"Mom won't make it, will she?" She asked and covered her face with her palms.

As they entered the cemetery Mikasa looked up at the cloudy sky and made her way to her father's grave placing
white flowers on it.
"Hey. It's me, again" she mumbled. "I hope you're happy and in peace. You deserved to be in peace"
"Mikasa I need to take this call it's for mom, stay right here. I'll be back in 10mins" Levi said and left the cemetery.

Mikasa sat there alone and carefully wiped the layer of dust on the grave with a smile on her face. "I am happier this year. Don't worry about me" she said.

"Mikasa??" A voice came. She recognized him and turned around, "Eren? What are you doing here?" She asked.
"Shouldn't I ask you that?" He said.
"I came here to visit my dad. It's
his... death day" she said, the last two words in a low voice.

His eyes wided, "your father died on second of January?" He asked.
"Unfortunately, why would you ask?"
"I.. I came here to visit my mom. She died at this date, aswell" He said.

They walked outside the cemetery without saying any word when Mikasa got a call from Levi.
"What did he say?" Eren asked.
"He urgently needs to go to the hospital, so I guess I'll go by myself" she said.
"What about you?"

Besides from Carla's death it was Grisha and Dina's marriage anniversary as well. One of the reasons why Eren usually stay away from everyone that day. "My dad has a day shift" he lied.
They stood under the shed waiting for the bus, "I'm going to Armin's house. That's what I do every year. Do you want to join?" She asked with a smile.
He nodded.

After all these years the pain that they both carried had finally come to an end. Each year, the same day they would shed tears, with numb puffy eyes carrying grief of their loved ones but it wasn't the same today. They had learned to overcome pain. They learned to move one.

"I was close to my mother. Very close" He said. "And every year today, I would curse myself for not being able to protect her. But I think I am finally overcoming it"
"Same" she added "maybe it's because I have you beside me"

"Isn't it weird how we both lost our parent the same day, the same year.Destiny is unpredictable" she said.

It truly was strange for him. For a moment he wanted to cry out loud but he couldn't. He didn't feel like tearing apart but instead he felt something different. He wasn't alone today. He had her.

"The lingering chilly wind after the clouds were cleared touches my cheeks but I felt warm inside my chest, by being by her side. Is this what people call? Falling in love?"
He thought.

As they boarded the bus there was a certain tension between them. Something which has never happened before. They use to cling each other without any hesitation but now it feels different.
"So" Mikasa said breaking the silence between them. "Can you like... answer my one question"
He nodded, "how did you mother... died"
"She was sick for a long time" he said "for like a year or some. That's all I can remember.What about your dad?"
"See, that's the problem. I have asked my mother several times but she never answered me" she said.
"Did you tried asking Levi?" He asked.
"He doesn't know either..."

Reaching at Armin's house Eren and Mikasa found Annie and Sasha present there.
"Mikasa!" Sasha hugged her in excitement. "I have planned so much for you today and as we have Eren now it's going to be better"
The group spent their entire day enjoying themselves.
"I never thought this day could have been this delightful ever" the brown headed said.
"It's always like this when Sasha is here" Mikasa giggled.

"How about a movie night?" Annie asked catching everyone's attention.
Tho they were tried they agreed and sat down on a fine carpet covering themselves with a quilt.
Sasha had already fallen asleep in the middle of watching it.

"I never understood the importance of touch"
"His touch"
"Until I couldn't have it"

Eren glanced at Mikasa who was a mess right now. "Why are you crying so much?" He asked.
"How are you not?" She asked as tears welled up in her eyes.
He glanced at his right and saw Armin and Annie sleeping.
Eren chuckled seeing her in this condition as her choppy breathing continued. "Stop- laughing... at me" she said in a broken voice.

"So if you're watching this, and you're able"
"Touch him, touch her"
"Life is too short to waste a second"
Stella said,
as the screen slowly turned black. But the music continued.

He glanced at her again, gently wiping her tears as he cupped her face pulling himself near her. Without thinking for another second he pressed his lips against hers.
Warmth blossomed in his chest as he could feel their lips brushing together for the first time.
And she was in shock, she froze. Mikasa could feel the thud of his heartbeat, beating rapidly. She didn't move for a while until her tears had stopped.
She slowly closed her eyes, her arms moved wrapping around his neck, locked, pulling him towards her. She craved for making it longer and wanted the time to stop forever.
His lips were filled with warmth and love as she parted hers slightly allowing his tongue to slide in.

He wanted to open his eyelids to get a better view of her face, to admire her beauty but he had a feeling this would never happen again. "Will she love me if I told her about me?" "Do I deserve her" his mind wanted to break the kiss but his heart kept pushing him.
"None of that matters, I love her. It's crazy how much I want her" a voice from inside came.

As much as they wanted this moment to last forever they had to part to breath. His hands went down from her cheeks down to her neck for her hands. He grabbed her hands gently yet firm.
"Can you be with me, like this forever?" He asked.
"I've got you, always" she answered.

She was the one for him. The one to lit up his life again. The kindness she showed to him.
He kissed the raved haired girl on her forehead while she melted in his embrace, asleep. He delicately placed her on the couch and he himself slept parallel to her.

And the brown headed boy slowly closed his eyes knowing someone loved him dearly. And he loved her back too. More than anything.

An
Movie reference : Five feet apart 2019
Thankyou for reading <33