Trust

CHAPTER 6

Mikasa's pov

I woke up earlier than usual and found Annie sleeping beside me. I carefully pulled myself out of the sheets not waking her up and stepped outside the room. I was walking down the stairs and all of a sudden saw Eren. My eyes wided.

He.was.shirtless.

He was glowing with the sunlight falling on his body. His defined sharp jawline and teal-green eyes with his long bangs falling naturally into a middle-parted, curtain-type style. I stared at him for some seconds and before I could turn around he saw me. "Shit" "Mikasa what is wrong with you" I internally screamed. Time to act. I started to rub my eyes as if I haven't opened them yet.

"Morning" Eren said in his husky voice, I open my eyes and saw him wearing a shirt.
"What are you doing? Isn't it like 7am, besides its Sunday" I asked him.
"daily routine" He said staring at my shirt. "What are you looking at?" I asked folding my hands placing them near my body.
"It's kind of cold today" He said
"It's actually quite hot" I muttered
"Come with me" He said and went inside his room. I quietly followed him.

He opened his closet and gave me a beige colored sweatshirt. "You can have this, its warm" He kindly offered me.
"It's double my size..." I said
He chuckled, "I think you will look cute" with that he walked outside and closed the door.
"That was.." I was stunned to speak "attractive?"

3rd persons pov

Hannes wasn't at home so Eren decided to make others some breakfast. He looked around the kitchen and found some noodles and tofu. Confused the boy stayed stilled not knowing what to do next.

"I'm actually a great chef" a voice came from his behind.
Mikasa was standing near by him wearing his sweatshirt with a messy bun. "And even tho this is double my size it's warm and comfortable, Thankyou" she said hugging herself.
Eren slightly smiled seeing her and said "You should have some rest, I'll manage this"
"Yea right.. seeing you in this state I think I should volunteer in this. Besides I'm feeling better, I need to keep myself busy to get over the recent stuff" she said taking the pan from his hands.

The boy keeping glancing at her back and forth. Her blue-gray eyes hides her sadness and he kept admiring her innocence with every smile. The truth in her eyes with her curtain bangs falling on her. He noticed her struggling with her hair while both of her hands were busy. With a slight hesitation he carefully shrugged her bangs behind her ears. The girl looked up to see him shyly and said "thankyou". He noticed her cheeks getting rosy red with those two words. She kept explaining him throughout, but the boy was busy admiring her. He didn't even noticed how long he has been looking at those eyes trying to think of a way to make up her mood.

"then you toss it and there its all done. Did you get it?" She asked while cleaning the surface.
"Yea actually" He lied. He didn't listen a single word. "Can you serve this, I'll bring Annie and Armin" He simply nodded.

"She's strong." Eren sighed "she has reasons to stay strong, to smile, to live. Maybe that's the difference between me and her"

< at the table

"Mikasa you should be a chef, I swear I can eat this everyday" Armin said smiling.
"A therapist plus makes the most amazing food. That's literally my type" Annie said holding her hands. "Mikasa marry me" she said in a serious tone.
"Sure Annie I'll after we will turn adults" Mikasa said with a laugh.
"Btw Armin makes really food too" Eren added looking at the blonde boy.
"Wait he does?" Annie asked certainly not knowing about the boys feelings towards her.
"Oh he's the rarest one you will find" Mikasa said in a sarcastic tone.
"It's not a big deal you guys.. Mikasa shouldn't have some rest" Armin said changing the topic real quick.
"I'm fine. Just want some fresh air" she said
"Oh we can go for ice skating? Or on top of that hill, your fav place right? Or what about a road trip" armin suggested.
"No, what I mean is, I wanna go home" "and we have school tomorrow, I need to complete my assignments" Mikasa said.

After having their breakfast Armin gave Annie a ride to home and since Eren was free he offered Mikasa to drop her by the bus stop.

Mikasa's pov

I have never been so close to someone in such a short time. He's different from others. Gentle & caring. The only people I have ever put my whole trust in are Levi Armin & Annie but that's because I know them since forever. But him? It's been just some weeks. It's weird how I'm feeling this way.

"Mikasa"

But you know maybe I'm just being overwhelmed because of what he did. But he seems like a good person. Should I trust him?

"MIKASA" Eren called me out.
"Did you zoned out?" He asked.
"Uh I.. was in deep thoughts"
"What thoughts?"
For some reasons I panicked. He was looking at me for an answer and I had none. I was getting nervous.
"Oh Nothing just school stuffs..."
He just nodded.
"Well thanks, I see the bus coming so.."
"Ah right I'll see you tomorrow then?" He said.

I boarded on the bus and sat by a window seat. He waved at me and I waved him back. I kept looking at him till he slowly vanished.
A smile appeared on my face as I touched his beige sweatshirt.
"I trust do him"

Thankyou for reading <3