Carla Jaeger

CHAPTER 19

January 1 2007

"Did you knew Grisha and I graduated together. He is as capable as me, but as they say, fate is cruel. He had to leave everything and now I don't want to disappoint him so, Carla get well soon okay" the man said.
"Mr Ackerman, you don't have to worry about me so much"
"You know you can call me by my name. We are more than a patient and a Doctor" He said.
"I know but I can't risk you and your wife's life. Your daughter is as the same age of Eren. He might loose his childhood but I don't want Mikasa to go through the same" Carla said.
"You shoud have told us earlier. It has to be either the Fritz or Reiss family. And once we get to know everything will be fine. Atleast I hope so." He sighed

"Carla!" A black haired woman entered in gasping.
"Mrs Ackerman, did you found out?"
"We were right, it's the Fitz's " she said.
"But why are they trying to kill you? They have been poisoning you since months and you're telling us now. Why Carla?" The woman asked.

"As much as I want to live, I cant let my family die specially Eren. I didn't wanted to risk anyone's life and hence I decided to find about this matter by myself but...I couldn't. I am sure it's all for business. Grisha will be forced by his father to marry one of the Fritz so they won't be rivals anymore. The Jaegers are still the strongest but father has a greed of money. I wont be surprised if he did this"

"Dina Fritz, one of the main family member lost her husband a few days ago by a car accident. Do you think..." the woman told her.
"Yes... I think so. After my death, It has to be Dina Fritz who will be forced to marry Grisha. There is no room for sentiments. Pretty sure they would take advantage of her grief"

"Then let's just tell Grisha about this. Your own husband is unknown about this blood business" Mikasa's father said.
"We can't Mr Ackerman. If Dina's husband died a few days ago that means I don't have much time left. Besides my body is weaker than ever. I can't hold it anymore" she said in a broken voice. "Even if we tell Grisha about this he won't be able to do anything. He is weak and powerless. The only way, is for him to marry Dina"

"Does she has any children?" Carla asked.
"Yes, a son. He is older than Eren"
"Can I please meet him. Please Mrs Ackerman. This would be my last wish" she said.
"It's not easy, Carla but I will try".

She forced herself a smile as her tired light brown eyes went to sleep.

"How much time do you think she has" the black haired woman asked her husband.
"By the time she reached us, her body was at the edge of death. The medication are only keeping her alive for a while. I don't think she will make up for long" the man said as his eyes started to tear up.

"They were smart enough to make her death look natural, even provided her wrong medication all this time.
But I won't give up. We have to tell Grisha about this"
"And what do you think will happen if he knew the truth. Even if he did we can't do anything. We aren't that powerful'
"I don't know. But he must learn the truth before it's wiped out forever"
"What about you? If something ever happened to, what would happen to me? Mikasa? Levi?" She shrieked.
"Be safe" the woman said as he hugged her husband in fear of losing him.

January 3rd 2017.

"And that was the last time I saw him" the woman said as tears welled up in her eyes.
"My mother knew everything? That she would be killed soon?" Eren asked.
The black haired woman nodded.
"What happened to Mikasa's father?"
"He... he was.." She sluttered
"Killed"