Twilight

CHAPTER 14

"You resemble Carla so much" she beamed at him.
"she got those eyes from you didn't she" he asked with a gentle smile.
She chuckled and went inside.

"I get it why you were so mad suddenly" Zeke said. "Didn't knew your mother was from here"

"My mother was from Turkey, she moved here after she met dad" he said.
"They met each other in Germany, after some time he moved back here and so did my mother since it was grandma's hometown. After they got married my grandparents moved here as well"

"Seems like they were in love" Zeke said to him.
Eren ignored his words, "yeah they were probably" He mumbled.

"What favor did you needed Eren" the old lady asked him as she bought them some drinks and settled down.

"You know what dad does.. he wants me to do the same. Pick up his business after him but I don't want too" he said looking down not being able to look into her eyes.

She smiled, "Did you knew your father used to be a doctor and he saved Carla from a life threatening disease when she was working in Germany. That's when your mother fell for him" she said.

"Wha- what?" He asked, not believing what she said.
"He was very capable. The one who use to save lives. He never told you because that was his past. But he never stopped loving your mother"

The brown headed boy remained silent as he didn't knew what to say. His mind went in twirls but ended up blank. "The one who used to save lives?" He whimpered softly. "Then how did things end up like this?"

"He did everything to protect your mother. Realtions with him, might be severe some times but you are no different Eren.
He is wrong to send you the same tracks but it all depends on you"

"How? How does it depends on me?" He asked.
"Your father thinks you're weak and that you need his support. He is scared of losing you, like he lost Carla"
"Prove your father wrong" she said.

Zeke smiled at him, "prove your father wrong Eren. You are more than what he thinks. As promised I'll rebuild everything once I'm capable of" He added.

A slight tear came from the corner of his eyes. Feeling overwhelmed from those two gave him the courage to face his problems instead of running from them.

Day12.

"Have some rest Eren, you worked hard these past days and we are almost done with everything" Zeke said.

The brown headed sighed "finally, see I always keep my promises" he chuckled as the room was filled with soft laughs.

"How did you did this" Dina asked.
"The only person who can understand Eren after his mother had to be her" Grisha said.
"How about we visit her?" The blonde woman asked.
Grisha smiled looking at his sons from afar, "certainly, its been long"

-

"Are you free today?" The raven haired girl asked.
"Why?" He asked her back.
"I am heading to the café after school. It's quite cold today" she said.

The bell ranged as the raven haired girl grabbed his hands and rushed outside the room.
"Mikasa slow down" Eren said as she hold his wrist running down the stairs.
"No we have to hurry, the train might leave" she said.
"But the café is nearby" He said. Confused.
"There's this special art gallery opened in the museum today and I have two tickets"

They walked down the snow street as Mikasa was holding his hands. He didn't ask her why she was holding him as deep inside he loved her presence.
The same can or can not be said for her. She felt safe with him but she was holding some fear inside after what happened the same morning.

The two of them reached at the station and squeezed into the crowd as the train arrived.
Standing near the window they saw the sky was aglow with bright city lights. Ablaze with the setting sun, it was that time of winter.

A while later the couple finally arrived at the museum. "Stay with me" she whispered.
"Are you scared of getting lost?" He asked.
She gave Eren a glare as he chuckled.

They kept holding hands while going from one exhibit to the next. Mikasa exciting made up stories about every Art piece there and dragged Eren all around. The boy kept staring at her and smiled as he observed her excitement each second. The raven haired girl didn't even realized how her happiness and smile was melting his heart.

"Are you tired? She suddenly asked
"Believe me, I will never be tired of you" He said as he brushed her strands of hair behind her ears. "Your hair is always a mess" He said.

She was drowning in those emerald eyes but keeping her mind stable as she sluttered a bit "uh.. you, we actually, need to go now"

They walked into the bright streets again as Mikasa was busy admiring her surroundings and kept glancing at the boy.

Like what I have been told, I need to stop pushing people away. Right now at this moment I want her to be my side and I'll do whatever it takes to be with her. The boy thought.

"Eren I think it's about snow again, we have to hurry up" she said as she grabbed his hand and pulled him inside a nearby Cafe. The waiter there leads them to an empty table in the corner. It was quite and peaceful as not many people were there. And it started to snow heavily.

He pulled out a chair for her and sat across to her.
"By the way, Historia came up to me the other day and asked why you weren't coming school.I thought you would have told her " Mikasa said.

"Why would I tell her?" He asked confusingly.
"I saw you two hug the other day" and she immediately regretted saying that.

"Here's your Caramel Latte and long black. Have a good day" the waitress placed their orders.

"What I mean is. I was casually walking there, you know it's my usual place and then I, I saw you two hugging" Mikasa tried to clean up the mess she just made
He chuckled, "she has a girlfriend."
"She is my childhood bestfriend"

- Chapter 9 ( endear )

"Ok miss Historia I just saw you kiss that ponytail girl in the morning. First of all when did you came? And how are you hooking up with her?" The boy asked.

"I.. well I actually met her online when I was in Germany. After some time dad allowed me to come back and I started hanging out with Ymir, her name is Ymir, by the way. And yeah" the blonde girl said.

"Yeah?? And you didn't try to contact me?" He asked
"Aw did you missed you so much" she teased him.
"No! I mean a little... nvm I'm happy for you" he said with a smile and hugged her.

-

"This is my first winter in a long time when I feel contented, Thankyou Mikasa" He said.
"Do you hate winters?" Mikasa asked.
He nodded, "I get uneasy a lot, this season gave me nothing but pain. The pain of past and no matter what I do I can't get over it"

"Did you ever tried talking to someone about it?" She asked again.
"I am scared of being judged. I have spend years of my life alone. Without anyone to talk to but now I feel different.
It all feels new to me but very similar at the same time" He said.
She smiled and placed her hands over his,

"I will never judge you, I promise. And I will always listen to you no matter what"

In all his twilight years, this was the best thing that had ever happened to him. She was the best he could ask for. His reason to enhance his life again.

● Thankyou for reading <33