A fatal visit

CHAPTER 10

The school ended and along with that I got a call from Hannes.
"Eren, I am almost at your school. Your father called me at his mansion as you are suppose to be there today"

I saw Mikasa coming out of the building with Sasha and Connie. I thought to approach her when Hannes raised his voice on call.
"Eren! Can you hear me?"
"Yes, I'm sorry but why do I have to go there?" I asked still looking at her as she vanishes in between the little crowd.

"I have no idea, probably related to business or something" Hannes replied back.
"Alright then where are you?" I asked again.
"Just on my way, wait for me at the nearest bus stop of your school" He said and hung up.

I was walking to the bus stop as my eyes wander to the person I want to see.
Mikasa.
I saw her sitting on the bus stop and immediately called Hannes.

"Hey, you don't need to come anymore"
I said
"What? Why?" He asked.
"I will be taking a bus today"
"Pft- Eren Jaeger will take a bus? Come on do you even know who you are? How will you-"

"Please, I am going with my friend"  I requested.
"Okay.. but send me your location, so I'll know where you are going" He said and hung up.

I immediately went up to her and slightly touched her shoulder.
She looked up at me with her eyes wided.

"Oh Hey..." She said softly.
I quitely sat beside her.
"Why are you ignoring me?" I asked her.
"Ignoring? No I'm just tired" she answered.
That gave me some relief.

"I never saw you taking a bus. Where's your dad today?"
"He has a day shift" I lied.
"Can I ask you something?" She said
I simply nodded.
"Uhh do you.. like.." She suddenly paused.
"Like what?" I asked
"Nevermind" she said and patted her head carefully.

I noticed she wanted to ask me about something but couldn't.
Why?
Before I could ask anything the bus arrived and both of us boarded.

I sat beside her as she opened the window. Her raven hair were driving swiftly as the cold breeze passes through them.

"Eren, do you like someone?" She suddenly asked me.
"What? No" I bluntly answered.

I looked at her again and she had her eyes closed with a small smile on her face.
Did she asked me a question while she was asleep?

Her hair were carelessly getting on her face as she was sleeping in an uncomfortable position.
I smiled looking at her and slowly placed her head on my shoulder for support.

I don't know why but I felt a tickling sensation in my abdomen as I felt nervousness all around.
I pulled her closer to make her feel warm as she was still asleep. This feels like a really bad idea but I wanted to stay like this for some time.

After a few minutes her stop arrived. I softly whispered into her ears.
"Mikasa, wake up your stop has arrived"

She slowly opened her eyes and found herself embraced in my arms.
Panicked she immediately stood up and rushed outside the bus.
"I'll see you later" she yelled and ran away.
I knew this was a bad idea.

I finally arrived at dad's mansion and went straight to the main hall. I saw my dad, Dina and Zeke standing up waiting for me.

"What do you want" were the first few words from my mouth.

Ofc Zeke was the first one to hug me.
"long time no see" he smiled
"Long? You mean a few weeks?" I scoffed with a slight smile.

"Tomorrow, there's an important business related event. I want you to attend it" dad called out loud

"What? Why? I don't want to. Besides Zeke will do it" I said uninterestingly.

"Yes Zeke will attend it but so will you. You're my son Eren. Zeke has been coming in almost every event and people acknowledge who he is. Ever thought why many people still think I only have one son? That's because you never come out of your dark shallow world" He said.

"Because I'm happy in my world. I don't need to come because I don't feel like coming. It's not like I'm going to handle your business further anyway so why should I meet others?" I talked back.

"The more powerful the more danger. Do you want history to repeat Eren?"
"I have two sons and I want both of you to handle it after me"
He said in a loud voice.

"Like I care, the only person I cared about was my Mom. I don't care if history repeats or shit"
"And what business are you talking about? gambling? labor racketeering?, tax fraud? Or working with criminals?"
I yelled at him back.

"Your grandfather was the one who started all this. I am still trying to fix things" He said.
"Blaming your father huh? Did he killed mom too? Did he told you to marry Dina on that same exact date?" I said in a furious tone.
"Fine then, you will be homeschooled again" He said.
"What? Why?"
"Like you said, you don't care about anyone. So why bother going to school? Not only you are away from my eyes but also its dangerous, besides you did rebelled about not going to school months ago" He said.

"Funny how you think I'll quitely follow your orders. I wont quit school"

"Then come with us tomorrow, It's your choice Eren, either come with us tomorrow or I'll cancel your admission from school"

"You took everything from me and now you are making decisions for me. Are you for real?" I asked.

"Eren you need-"
"I hate you" I said without letting him finish.
"I hate you" I said again, with tears running down and left that place.

I rushed to my room and locked it immediately. My mind was having thoughts I didn't wanted to think about.
"Would things be different if you were alive?"

● Thankyou for reading <3