Affection

CHAPTER 8

"It's warm today" Mikasa said looking towards the sky.
The weather was windy with no clouds creating the sky blue and light golden rays of the sun falling.
They were walking by a park with the amber leaves fallen on the ground.
It was a warm, pleasant autumn evening for them.

"After the library, I'll take you to my favorite place" the raven haired girl said.
"That hill?" He asked.
"Yupp!" She replied.

They reached the library and Mikasa went through the shelves looking for further books she wanted to read. She was struggling a bit since she always asks Armin about it.
The girl just stared at the shelf confused what to pick.

"Here" Eren offered her one.
"Huh? You? YOU READ?" She asked
"Yea so? Should I not?"
"No I mean- nvm what book is this?"

'starts with us'

"Wait it's October omygod, I totally forgot the second part of this book was coming"
"Thankyou so much Eren" she hugged him, tight.
"I'm- not able to breathe Mikasa"
She smiled happily and said
"Wait for me, I'll issue this for myself real quick"
with that she rushed to the librarian almost tripping.

Eren's pov

"She could be such a kid sometimes" I chuckled looking at her almost tripping with excitement.
A train of thoughts stuck me as I watched her.

"I wish I could tell her more about myself. I'm being sent to school just so I could manage my Dad's profession after him. But I don't want that.. his profession is a lie. A world where all what matters is money. You can't live to your fullest, you can't love someone and your life is at danger 24/7"

"Okay I'm all done now, let's go"
Mikasa said suddenly, getting me back from my thoughts.

We were walking towards her favorite place and the whole time she kept talking about the most random stuffs.

"And oh did I told you Levi called me this morning. He is coming back soon" she said excitingly.
"You two seem close" I said.
"Cause we are, he is special to me"

We walked for a while till we reached at the top. She left me behind and ran further away.
"It's been long" she said lying on the grass spreading her hands.
"You love this place a little too much" I said.

She stood up and smiled,
"It's because.. I have Memories in here" she said touching the trunk of an old oak tree.

"Eren, this is where everything started. My dad and I use to come here every weekend. It was the first time when I learned how to climb a tree and the first time when I met Armin" she said in a soothing voice.

"Why are you telling me?" I asked
"Because you are my friend and I trust you" she said.

"Trust?" I asked myself. She trusts me.
"Look at that sunset. The sky is turning pretty as well" She exclaimed.

I stared at her as her hair gleams golden as the sunlight passes through it. Her pale gray eyes were glowing as a slight tear came from the corner of her eye and touched her rose lips.

"Isn't this beautiful?" She asked looking at the sun setting.
The sky was turning red and the cold breeze touches my cheeks as she glanced at me
"Yes" I said looking into her gray eyes. "It's beautiful"

"Why does she trust me? She doesn't even know my identity. She thinks I'm a nice person?
It's a mistake to be with her and that I don't deserve her but still.. still I want to treasure this time. I want her to be my side forever. I want her to trust me. I want to tell her so much but I- "

"I cant" I said.
"Huh? Can't what Eren?" She asked.
"We can't stay here much longer, Armin and Annie must be waiting for us" with that I started walking away.

"What is this feeling?" I thought to myself and looked back at Mikasa.
She came running towards me and said "Can you walk slowly I almost tripped"
I stared at her.
"You love seeing me troubled don't you?"
"Yes" I chuckled.

We reached at the place where we were suppose to meet and saw the blond couple holding hands.

"Looks like it happened" I said.
Mikasa coughed loud enough to get their attention and asked,
"did we miss something?"

"We are together" Armin said blushing.
"Congrats to youu! I'm so happy for you two" she said hugging both of them.

"Now now, which one you did that?" I asked.
"Me ofc" Annie said.
"He was trying to confess to me but couldn't so I did and then-" she stopped.
"Then?" I asked
"Rest is not important" Annie said shyly.
"Look at my two bestfriends getting all shy" Mikasa said teasingly.
"Okay, now shall we go and have some dinner. I'm quite hungry" Armin added.

We started walking towards the restaurant. The two girls were ahead of us because Mikasa was trying her best for Annie to tell everything in detail.

When finally reaching at the restaurant
a girl came forward to us.
"welcome" she said with a smile
"so we have 2 couples, shoud I arrange 4seats together or in sets?" She asked.
"Huh? 2 couples?"
"We are just friends" I said with a bit hesitation.

"Did I wanted to say that?" I thought.

"Huh friends? We are freaking best friends. Please set 4 seats together" Mikasa said and took Annie inside with her.

"You two will look great together!" the girl said to me and left.
"Me and Mikasa?" I thought to myself.

"Eren...you got bestfriend zoned, how do you feel" Armin said placing his hands on my shoulder.
"Whatever, she's right tho. We are just friends" I replied.

"I'm not confused. This is just slight affection towards her. All because she's nice to me, and anyways I can't be much close to her. I don't want her to end up like.. Mom"

● Thankyou for reading <3