Truth

CHAPTER 21

At reaching, Eren saw Historia waiting for him outside her mansion.
"Where is she?" He asked desperately.
"I saw father taking her inside the basement. I have called Frieda as well, she will be here anytime soon. I'll show you a safe route" she said as they went backside.
"Why are you alone? You should have brought people with you" Historia asked.
"I'm pretty sure Zeke will send some behind me. But why does your father need Mikasa?" He asked.

Historia felt cool feet when being questioned. "Its... because of me" she said in a low shaky tone.
All of a sudden he stopped as he glanced back at her "What do you mean" He asked.
"Dad wanted me to marry you for business purposes but as soon as he found out about you, Ymir and Mikasa he desired to kill her. The reason he sent me Germany was because..."
She stopped as tears started to roll down.
"Because?? Historia please tell me" he asked grabbing her arms in his grip.
"Because he was the one who killed your mother" she said.

There was a shade of disappointment on his face. How low can someone go? For money and power. Is that all what this world wants?
"But.. wasn't the Fritz..." He asked with a wave of frustration.
"Yes, it was them as well. But my father was the one who manipulated them into killing your mother. He was the first one who wanted the downfall of your family. He used me to get close to your mother.. Later on he misleaded her. The Fitz made a deal with him but seeing the chance they forced Dina to marry your father hence backstabbing. My father knew it all along and sent me away to be safe. He was in pressure of being exposed. Fortunately for him, nothing like that happened"

"Don't you get it? There's a reason why we weren't able to contact each other. Why you were locked inside your house for years" she yelled crying out loud.
"How did you knew?" He asked.
"Remember that dance night? I overheard some conversations. Later on today when I saw Mikasa and called Frieda, she told me" the blonde girl said.

"No one has ever been honest with you Eren, except for her. Not even me. I'm sorry" The corners of her eyes creased with concern,
"Save her"

"No forgive me Historia, someone you like might die soon." His voice was thick with anger as he left the blonde girl alone, crying on the floor.

"Eren killed your father. He is a killer. He will kill you as well. He is the fault" these were the only words she could hear as her head was spinning.
"Mikasa who killed your father?" Rod Reiss asked the raven haired girl.
"You" she replied, her words were strangled in her throat.
In rage he threw his flute filled with wine on the floor that got shattered into fine pieces.
"What is wrong with you. Eren is the one who killed your father. Can't you understand!" He screamed at her as she flinched in a deep sense of uneasiness helding her rigid.

"Mikasa!" Eren called her out as his footsteps thundered down the basement.
As soon as she heard his voice her eyes started shining with tears. "Eren..." her voice cracked. Her uneasiness had started vanishing just by hearing his voice.
"Well looks like he is here" Rod said as he grabbed Mikasa's hair.
"You made it easier" He said.

"Mika..sa" Eren barged into the white room, throwing the door open wide and saw her weakly lying on the floor, her hair tangled in Rod's hand. His mouth thinning with displeasure, tight and grin.

Her eyes flutter, a few rapid beats seeing him as a breeze of relief hit her. She muttered in a low voice "run"
Eren rolled his neck relieving the building tension in the room. Seeing her almost half dead made him impulse and rage was the only way to relieve it.

"What are you waiting for? Finish him off" Rod ordered his men.
Eren gave a warning glare at them, "leave her" He spat his words out. His voice was dark and heavy.
"I will. But in exchange how about you give your life to me" Rod said as he takes out his revolver.
"Fine. I will. But I want her" He said as he placed his gun down putting his hands up in the air slowly walking towards Mikasa.
"Just kill them both when they will be done with this drama" Rod ordered his men and left.

And he finally touched her. Her hands were trembling and there were scars on her pale face. He gently squeezed his hands.
"You know everything, don't you" He asked.
She nodded weakly.
"What did they do to you" He asked as his voice cracked.
"I... told you to run" she said breathing heavily. "Why didn't you?" Her eyes were wet.
"And leave you alone? I would never" He said.
"They will kill you" she cried in his arms and he held her until her tears were dried.

Eren gave a soft kiss on her forehead as his tears started to fall on her face and he slowly took his hidden revolver out from his shirt. He embraced the girl in his arms as his grip on her hands tightened. "I'm sorry Mikasa"

He pulled out his gun and shot it towards the men that had surrounded them. The revolvers didn't made any noise until Mikasa saw blood splattered all over the floor.
Hearing her loud scream Rod rushed inside the white room again and saw all his men lying on the ground. Dead.

"You thought you could kill me?" Eren scoffed. "Did you forgot who I was?" He said holding his abdomen stopping the blood. He was shot by a bullet and the poison was making him drizzy but he held his stride. He was spitting out blood from his mouth with unbearable pain.
Mikasa tried to stand up as the drugs had made her body weak and tried to take the bullet out of Eren's abdomen. She took a handkerchief and wrapped it around him. She had no idea what she was doing.

"I might have took you lightly but not anymore" He said and pointed his weapon straight on Eren. If he wanted he could have killed the brown headed boy right at that moment but seeing his eyes burn in anger made him hesitate.
Eren leveled the revolver at his chest, his fingers quaking as he felt the weapon increasingly heavy with every passing second.He glanced at her again, sweat beading on his lip.

Mikasas bloodshot eyes were focused on Eren. Her body was unbalanced. It felt like she lost her ability to see. She couldn't think of anything except for the thudding pounding inside her head.
Until she heard a gun shot and saw both Eren and Rod collapsing. She saw a black haired woman standing at the door, beside her was Historia.
And that was all her body could take as she fall down.

"Take them out. I'll take care of his body" Frieda said.
Historia felt a heavy pain inside her chest seeing the dead person as she went towards Mikasa and carefully carried her out. The raven haired girl mumbled as her eyes were slighty open.
"Is.. Eren okay?"

AN
Firstly omg yall thankyou so much for 1k reads. Honestly at first I was so nervous (still am tbh lol) to publish it because it's my first time writing but thanks to all readers for encouraging me sm.
iloveyou ! ♡

A few more chapters left for this story to be over ):)
Alsooo I have been doing some work on my another book. Will most probably make it into another eremika ff (?) and I'm already loving it so far cuz throughout writing this book I have improved myself a lot.
Can't wait to publish x <33