Eve

CHAPTER 15

She rested her head on the table as her eyelids were closed. Her mind kept bringing up what happened the other day with Eren. "Does he like tucking my hair back?" She thought to herself when someone called her name out.

She slowly opened her eyelids and saw Connie waving at her. He clicked his pen to gain her attention and scribbled something on a piece of paper, and stretched his hand out to pass on to her. Confusing she took the note from him and read it out.

"Wanna see the fireworks tonight? Me, you, Sasha,Jean and you can bring your boyfriend as well"

She scribbled some words on the paper as she passed it on back to Connie.

"I'll bring Armin and Annie too. And who told you I have a boyfriend?"

Mikasa blushed as to what Connie had written for her next.

"Oh Yea cool bring those blonds as well and your boyfriend Eren. He can't stop staring at you"

They kept passing each other notes as Mikasa puckered her lips trying to not show any emotion. Not knowing the brown headed boy was watching them from behind, pretty pissed. He raised his eyebrow when he saw a red gleam on her right cheek and clicked his pen a few times to grab her attention. But she didn't acknowledge him at all.

"Does she like him?" The boy thought "no way"
He stared at Connie and analyzed him from head to bottom. "Mikasa is into bald guys??" He nearly said it out loud.

"What are you muttering Eren" Armin asked in a low voice sitting diagonally to him.
"You never told me Mikasa was into bald guys" He said.
Armin nearly choked on his breath and said, "because she isn't. Who told you"
"Just look at her smiling and blushing with Connie over there"
Armin looked at Mikasa then back at Eren, "she just seems normal to me and Connie isn't bald" He said as he let out a laugh.

"Eren Jaeger and Armin Arlert. Out of the class right now" their teacher raised her voice.
"We are sorry Miss I was just discus-"
"I don't remember, asking you what you were doing? I just simply asked you both to step outside"

Armin sighed as he pulled Eren outside the class. "Wow this is my first time standing here" the blond boy said.
"So back to what I was saying, is Mikasa into bald guys?" Eren asked.
"I told you before NO!" Armin cried out.

"This is unusual" Annie said as she saw the boys standing outside.
"Where did you came from" Eren asked.
"Oh Nothing, I was sent to the student council room for some work. They told me to call Armin as they needed him so let me just borrow my boyfriend for a while" she said and took Armin with her.

The blond boy looked back at Eren worried leaving him alone, "don't you think leaving him alone would be bad?" He asked Annie.
"Trust me, He is going to love it" she said with a smirk. "Don't forget what date today is"
Armin immediately understood and looked back at Eren with a smile.

The brown headed boy frowned not knowing what Armin's smile meant until he heard the class room door slide and saw Mikasa crawling out with Connie.
"What are you going" He asked bending down.
"Sneaking out" she whispered.

The three of them rushed away from the class, down the stairs as Mikasa finally let out her laugh.

"Don't you think we will be in trouble?" Connie asked.

"Pft are you scared or what?" Eren asked him.
"Ofc not!" Connie said confidently, "we did this last year as well"

"Alright I have texted Armin to reach at the point, Sasha and Jean will be there by seven when the fireworks will start. The school is about to end so how about we get some food first?" Mikasa suggested.

The boys nodded as they followed her behind walking down the street. They reached at the arcade and Mikasa was still ahead of them. While Connie was busy texting Sasha, Eren took the chance to walk beside Mikasa. They entered the elevator and waved at Connie but before he could reach them a group of tall men came inside and squished them to the corner.

She felt Eren's arm behind her back supporting her. His head leaned towards her face and he was close. Way too close to her. She tried to glance at him but couldn't pull herself to. Awkwardly Eren moved his arms from behind of Mikasa into holding her waist. He softy whispered in her ears, "Sorry I hope you're comfortable"
She felt shivers run down her spine as she finally looked into his eyes "I'm okay" she said softy.

The contagious warmth inside him enveloped his heart as he wished to stay like this for a while. Before he could feel or say anything they had arrived the floor and the group of men left the elevator. Eren pushed himself away from her as he finally took a breath. The two looked at each other not knowing what to say when Connie arrived running up from the stairs. "I...that" He gasped for air "I made it" He said.

Mikasa chuckled a bit as the three of them walked towards the food counter. Eren was walking close to Mikasa and she noticed it. But he had this eyes on Connie not giving him a chance to talk to Mikasa.

They enjoyed their hours in there when Mikasa got a call from Sasha.
"Where are you?" She called her out.
"At the arcade why?" Mikasa asked.
"uhuh, and did you checked the time"
Her eyes wided as she realized they were late for the fireworks. She immediately hung up and called the boys out.

They rushed outside running down in between the crowd. Their legs didn't stop until they finally reached the station. The train was about to leave when they hurried and went inside right on time. "That was a close one" Eren said.

Reaching at their destination the three of them walked up the hilly region and saw their class friends waiting for them. The sun has set as dusk took over the sky. Eren lit up the bonfire as all of them sat beside each other.

Armin had his hands locked with Annie while Sasha Connie and Jean were busy dancing. Eren was sitting alone as he kept filling up the bonfire. The raven haired girl saw him and sat beside him. "Is this your first time?" She asked.

He nodded with a smile, "thanks to you"
They stared at each other, lost into one's eye.
The crescent moon shone silvery  hanging in the lonely sky. The distance between them shortened as he leaned to her. She didn't move a bit as she desired for this moment since a long.

The sudden bursting of fireworks were made as Mikasa flinched and looked at the sky breaking their closeness. A bright flash of light followed the explosion as Eren moved back to his position immediately and admired the sky which a while was alone and lonely. But the fireworks changed everything. The colors were bright as as if it's daylight. It was a glorious sight to him.

She is like those fireworks to him, the one to light his dusk into Dawn.

The sparklers were like diamonds, glittering in the dark as everyone sang and looked at that firework. Everyone except for Eren. Who had her eyes on Mikasa. The boy who once had no purpose in life. The one who use to push people way. The one who hesitated to bound. Now all he wanted at that moment, was her.

A cold breeze started to swift as Mikasa shivered "shit, I forgot my scarf" she cursed. Eren saw her rubbing her hands and removed his red scarf from his neck. He leaned to her as he wrapped it around her neck.
"Is this warm?" He asked.
She nodded with a shy smile "yes"

"You can have it" He said.
"But isn't this special to you?" She asked "I can't take this"
"So are you so" He said, "you're special to me as well"
Those words. That meant her everything. "Could this be our thing?" She said softly looking up into his eyes.

An
Scarf is their love language so I needed to add it :,,)

● Thankyou for reading <33