Chapter 25: Fan club

It was 7 AM and the "Palace" suite was hectic. Skye was runinng around the living area of the suite looking for her mission gear. She had her black leather overall on, her hair was tied in a ponny tail, yet she was barefoot, missing her gauntlets, weapons... Ward was already in his black cargo pants, black comando shirt and black boots, with weapon belts on his back and around his waist.

"How do we know they left for breakfast?" he asked her calmly while she was runing histericaly, now with gauntlets in hands, but still barefoot.

"I'll get a beep from the trackers" she said still searching for her boots. Ward pointed to the wardrobe, asking himslef how she hasn't looked there.

"I'll be in and out in 10. Enough to get the weapons and switch the case with an empty one and get out the window"

"Why all commando?" she stopped to ask him. "You can just go through the door like a normal person"

"His security detail, hello?"

"Marko and Mario are going to follow them to breakfast, and the rest of the goons will already be invastigating Karebović's route to the town" she explained as she kept on looking. At once she yelled "ha!" when she found her gun.

"Okay so I go in and out like a normal person and straight to the car waiting outside"

"Percisely. Now let's go" she said as she her phone beeped.

"You sure you have everything, babe?" he told her waving at her with the ICER.

"Oh, yes. Thanks, bae. Now let's go" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She was sitting in the car with her laptop in hands, watching the camera feed, making sure Karebović's men where nowhere near his room and that Danijel and Kamila don't come back early, when someone jumped right in front of the car.

"Jesus!" she screamed. The man came to the side and sat in the car. "Drive!"

"What happened ninja?" Skye said as she stepped on the gas. Ward breathed for a minute before he spoke.

"I think we could be made" was all he said.

"How? No one should have been near the room"

"I guess Karebović wanted to make sure the weapons are protected while he's gone. He had an extra man stay in, making him basically invisible to you" Ward explained.

"Well, important is we have it and are already en route to the handoff of the serum" she tried being positive as she kept on driving. 

Once they got to the town, she parked on the same place Kamila parked the day before. She led him to the town's core where she knew was the best view as well as a church bell tower from where she could try and hack her way to find Karebović and his asset.

As she got herself comfy on the tower's floor, Ward just kept looking around at their surroundings.

"Beautiful isn't it?" she said still looking at her screen knowing what he was doing. He just murmered affirmatively. "Hopefuly we get the opportunity to come back here one day" she commented. "Aha, here, got you" she said as she showed Grant the red ferrari driven by Karebović, with an older man beside him, probably Andrej, his father. The car was followed by a black Jeep with 4 of his goons. When they stopped near meters away from the bell tower and went in the restaurant, Ward took the x-ray binoculars.

"Buyer with 3 bodyguards is in. Total of 10 people to put down. They are going to the back room. Is there a back door on the building shematics?"

"No. Our only way in adn out is through the main gate. One last charade?" she asked him. He didn't understand her. "Play Grant, act. I was thinking you playing a drunk and me trying to get you some water and to sit down?" she waited for his reply, but after a short pause for silence she finaly said "No complaits? Great, mission Alchohol you is a go"  

"Really? Alchohol you?"

"Never heard of the song I guess. Nevermind, let's just go" she said as she packed her laptop and motioned for him to follow her out of the tower.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, Jesus Rene, you shouldn't have drank that much" Skye said as she carried a pretend drunk Ward in the restaurant.

"I think maybe one too much" he said trying to stop himself from puking.

"One, rather five" she said as she showed the waiter her fake husband's state. The waiter showed to the back where toilet was supposed to be, right next to the back room where the hand-off took place.

Ward went to the wrong door, stubeling in to 10 men looking at him funnily.

"Mr Zeldman?" Danijel said.

"This is your German buyer, Danijel?" Andrej asked his son in a thick slavic accent, to which Danijel just nodded.

"Oh, sorry, wrong room" Skye said as she came in after Ward. She took a quick scan of the room to see indeed serum flashing from a briefcase. Ward nodded to her from the floor, taking out a gun strapped around his anckle. "Or maybe even a correct one" Skye said as she lifted her hands and vibed the man on both sides to hit the wall, while Ward stood up to take the briefcase and slide it towards her.

"Only one person can do what you can, Ms Zeldman, or should I say Quake" Danijel said as he ordered his man to attack the two. The buyer took his money and tried to escape, but Ward shot him down. "And he is your Aftershock, am I correct?"

Skye quaked 3 men running toward her, while kicking the forth one that came from the back in his crutch. "Wow, hear that honey, we are famous even in Europe" she commented as she quaked 2 men trying to startle Ward, while he was fighting against Marko, who seemed to be almost like Rogan, a Goliath only not indestructable.

"Enough talking. Get the briefcase and let's go" Ward said as he stuck a knife to Marko's chest and shot 2 other men, each with a gun he had in each hand.

"It was nice to meet our fans. Unfortunately, we are not the ones to hand out autographs, but hey, you have a story now to tell" Skye said to all the man groaning in pain on the floor.

"Skye!" Grant warned her.

"Right. Bye fellas" she said with a skipper's goodbye. She gave the case to Ward as she vibed the wall closest to them to make a hole for them to pass.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Here. You asked for it and we delivered" Ward said as he put the briefcase in front of Fitz. The Doctor took the briefcase to open it and see the serum.

"Great work agents. Please go for a debrief to the Major" he said simply tkaing the serum out of the case and studying it.

The two took it as a sign they have been dismissed so they left Doctor's office to go straight to May's on the other side of the hallway.

"I take it mission was successful" May said from behind her desk.

"We managed to grab some allien tech from Karebović" Ward stated handing her the second case.

"What do they do?"

"The granade disperses whatever it touches. The gun is a strong ICER. Its effect is for hours. They work, mam" Ward responded.

"Interesting. Any other intel on the Karebović clan?"

"Nothing specific besides that their marriage is short termed and slowly falling apart due to Andrej's impact on his son. However, Andrej is retiring, putting Danijel in charge" Skye commented.

"Good. It should be easier to get to more tech like this once the son takes over" May said.

"Yes. And he's a fan. I wouldn't mind giving him my autograph" Skye said as she motioned to her hands.