Chapter 23: Let's talk shop

The resort was in a tropical oasis. Couples walked around in beach dresswear holding hands, laughing, enjoying themselves. New couples were coming in being driven to the gate in the golf carts, looking amazed at what they were seeing, just awaiting their time spent there.

A black SUV pulled up, surprising the guests. They all watched at who pulled up in the driveway. Man in suits went out to open the door to the back. Tanned smooth legs went out first, followed by the hand given to one of the man to help her get out of the car. She was on the phone, carrying her shopping bags, not even looking where she got.

"I am telling you Mindy, he brought me to some godforsaken place for couples. I mean, can you believe him? He thinks that that is going to help him get into my good books again. As if. He lied to me for years, can you believe that man?" Skye walked out playing the rich wife to a mob boss. She went straight to the entrance followed by some of Ward's specialists playing her security detail. She had Jimmy Cho high heels, with a Lagerfeld tight white dress toping it of with golden jewelery and big sunglasses. Who would've thought HYDRA would go all out for this op...

The lobby was big, designed in a way of a 5-star hotel. Didn't go with the outside at all. As per the script, that is where she saw him. Standing in his suit with a couple more HYDRA agents behind him. She had to give it to him. Grant knew how to clean up nicely. She gave her bags to one of the agents behind her and took of her sunglasses.

"What is this all about Rene?" she asked him. "Did you really think this would be enough after everything?" she all but yelled at him so everyone's attention was at him. He didn't say a word. Instead, a man she didn't recognize came towards her.

"Ah, Ms Zeldman, you have arrived. It is our pleasure to have you and your respectful husband here with us" he said.

"What is this? Who are you?" Skye continued.

"I am Hunayama, and I will be here during your stay to help you with anything you might need"

"Well, Hunayama, I need to speak with my husband, so would you be that kind to show us to our room and get someone to get my bags from the car"

"Why of course, Ms Zeldman. It would be my pleasure" Hunayama motioned for the bellboys to get her bags, while he motioned for the couple to follow him. "Welcome to the "Palace" suite. I hope everything is to your liking"

Skye went in straight away while Ward stayed behind to thank Hunuyama and send the extra agents back.

"Well, played" he told her as he came in.

"I told you I could be a good spoiled rich housewife, instead of a whore" she winked at him.

"I have to say I kind of like this personality of yours"

"Oh, really oh sweet hubby of mine" she said as she went to him to wrap her arms behind his neck to look him in the eyes with a glimmer in hers.

"As much as I would love to, we are here on a mission, Skye" he told her back with his stoick demenour.

"You don't even know what I wanted" she played offended.

"I know exactly that you wanted to try out that bed over there, but as I already told you, we can't"

"Yet" she added. "Oh well, I need to lay down. These heels are killing me" she said as she threw away the heels and jumped on the huge king sized bed. "So comfy" she mumbled. Ward just kept looking at her. "Join me? It won't kill you if you just lay down on the bed beside your "wife"" she said to him.

He took in a deep breath before he decided to untie the tie, take of the shoes and jacket and lay beside her.

"See? Much better"