Chapter 29: Rise like a pheonix

"So, how does it feel, feeling normal again?" Skye asked her new companion.

"Not as normal. I feel like a piece of me is missing" Robbie explained. "The fire was a part of me. Now, it's like I am a ghost in my own body, if you know what I mean"

"At first I wanted to be normal again. I was mad at what they did to me. I had head aches constantly, heard ringing in my head. Now it's like an energy flowing through me making me stronger" Skye said. "What did they do to you there?"

"I don't know. That madman had me strapped to a chair. They had me sedated, but it hurt like hell. You would think having a living fire inside of you was hell, but no. When they finally were done, they body dumped me thinking I was dead. Imagine my surprise when I woke up  with a banana peel on my head"

Skye knew the story was sad, but she couldn't help but to laugh at the picture he put to her mind.

"I can't believe they would do that? How even?" Skye was serious again.

"Beats me. The only thing I know is my fire is gone and I am alive somehow, although I would rather be dead, becuase I feel like a dead man walking around"

"Robbie, don't" she told him sternly. "Now that we know what is going on, we need to save our kind"

"Your kind"

"No, our. You are still an Inhuman, a part of our community that has been wrong. We need to stand up and fight"

"I think I know where my fire went" Robbie said looking at Skye.

"That fire has been there before you lost it" someone said.

"Grant" Skye looked at the man standing on the doorway. She was still mad at him, but she couldn't help to not melt under his gaze.

"Mace asked for you" was all he said, ignoring the other man completely.

"Go. I'll be fine. I'll just keep on haunting these hallways for all of our fallen" Robbie said to her. She just smilled softly then left the room, Ward behind her.

"What's up with you? Why are you behaving like that? Robbie didn't do anything to you"

"Oh, it's Robbie" he said with a hint of anger in his tone.

"You're jelaous" she observed.

"The hell I am jelaous, Skye!" his demeanour changed. His robot turned to a raging Ultron. "You haven't spoken to me in days, yet you look just fine laughing with that...that" he was at lost of words how to describe the former gifted.

"You lied to me Grant! What did you expect? That I'll just be like 'Okay. Let's go get married'?!"

"No" Ultron died down, and it was back to his T-1000.  Skye took a deep breath.

"Look. I am still mad at you. You lied to me and that stung, knowing you knew of my past. So, you will just have to be patient, Turbo. Not everyone is on your clock" she said and started walking away from him towards Mace's office.

"Skye, nice of you to come. How's Robbie doing?"

"Good. He is feeling better thanks to Jemma's magic booster" Skye smilled at the scientist in the room. 

"Good. How 'bout you? Have you made yourself aquainted?"

"Still learning the grounds. Very vibey here" she said making a gesture with her hands towards the walls of the underground base.

"Understandable. We are underground. You are closer to feeling Earth's vibrations" Simmons explained.

"Robbie told me what they did to him. We can't let them keep doing that to our people" she was talking directly to Mace.