Chapter 24: Lovers quarrel

"So, I've got Kamilla to hang out with me and complain about our husbands" Skye commented to Ward who was laying in their bed as she dressed.

"What do you have to complain about? I am a  perfectly good husband" he said as he looked at her.

"Rene isn't a good husband to Hana. Poor girl had to quit her job for his ambitions only to find out he's been lying to her for their whole marriage about his business and then his goons are more important to him then her" Skye replied simply.

"You really love making up stories" he said positively surprised at how good she was at making background stories. 

"We can call it my new talent" she grinned at him and pecked his lips.

"Where are you off to in such a hurry?" he asked her as she opened the door to their suite to leave.

"Oh my OCD controlling hubby. I told you I have a date with Kamilla, no need for jelaousy" she teased. "You know I play only for your team" she winked.

"I wasn't jelaous" he murmered.

"Whatever you say" she said and left the room.

As she came down to the lobby she saw Kamila with a drink in her hands.

"Isn't it too early to drink?" she asked the Slavic woman.

"It is never too early or too late to drink where I come from" Kamila said. "And besides it is just a mimosa, they are accepptable in the morning"

"So, Rene shouldn't be bothering me for at least a couple of hours when he suddenly remembers he has a wife. Where are we off to? You know this place better than me"

"The city of course. Greece is lovely, but these little towns are just magical, perfect for a brunch."

"Wait, back up. We are in Greece?" Kamila just nodded. "That bastard hasn't even told me where we are" Skye said.

"No matter. I took the opportunity to take Danijel's car. We need to go with style" she said as she showed Skye the keys to a red ferrari parked outside.

"Oh yes" Skye said excitedly. This mission was the best she has been on. Was undercover always as fun as this was?

The two women drove to the small town in the vicinity of their resort. Kamila parked on the street and led Skye deeper in the town. They reached the town's core where were a lot of cute cafes and restaurants with a view on the sea. They sat in a small cafe that Kamila said offered the best bunch.

"How do you know all this? I thought you were here on the honeymoon" Skye asked as they waited for their order to come.

"I would come here with my parents when I was younger. I kinda pressured Danijel to go here for our honeymoon when I saw the resort was so close by"

"Oh, that is so nice. Did he know you basically grew up here?"

"No. He never asks of my past and in return I don't ask about his"

"But why? Shouldn't you know those facts about the guy you are married to?"

"Maybe. But our relationship is more about other things. Do you know everything about Rene?"

"Now I do. We always had this opened relationship in a way that we would be honest and loyal to one another, which is the reason I got so mad that he lied to me about his work"

"Understandable. He betrayed your trust"

"However, he tried mending it with the trip here. It might have not been as successful so far, but I hope once he deals with that trade he'll remember where we are and why"