Chapter 34: Rise of the pheonix

"So, based on the information Fitz has given us, AIDA is more dangerous than ever. She has multiple Inhuman powers thanks to a machine he built for her. However, that machine also made her human, meaning she is also more vulnerable. We can use that to our adventage" Mace explained to his people.

"We will raid on their base, destroy it once and for all. No more heads popping up." Walker added.

"The plan is simple. Fitz, Ward and Skye go in with May using their HYDRA access to get to AIDA, destracting their forces, since they are the ones in charge of them. Meanwhile, we get in and start our raid." Mace continued.

"It will be dangerous, so any of you that doesn't feel they will be able to handle it are free to stay here and care for those we have in our care" Coulson added.

Some people did leave the room, deciding to stay behind, while the rest shouted "Rise like a pheonix" making their decision loud and clear, they are there to fight and take down HYDRA.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night they lay in bed, Skye leaning on Grant's bare chest as he was leaning against the headboard. He was playing with her brown waves, while she drew circles with her fingers on his bare skin.

"You think after we take her down all will be finally over?" she asked suddenly.

"I don't know Skye. I hope so" he kissed her on the top of her head befor ehe rested his chin on it.

"I do too. I just want all of this to be over finally. I can't do this anymore" she spoke honestly.

"Do what?" she startled him with the last statement. She looked up into his eyes to see slight fear in them. He feared she wanted them to be over. She put her hand on his cheek, and at the contact he leaned into her touch.

"I love you so much Grant. I could never wish for us to be over" she told him lovingly, looking deep into his whiskey eyes. "I just want all of this to be over, the SHIELD, HYDRA, Resistance... I ...I just cant't. It's too much."

"What do you mean too much?" he asked her.

"I mean I don't want to be worried every time you go out there that you might get killed and never come back to me. I can't lose you Grant. This is not worth losing you."

"You will never lose me Skye" he said lovingly kissing her temple as he held her hands in his. "I am yours, always will be. And I hope you will be mine"

"What do you mean?" now it was her time to ask that. "I am yours"

He didn't say anything. Instead he just leaned to the side and took something out of the drawer to his night stand.

"I mean exactly what I said Skye. Will you be mine, forever?" he said showing her the small box and in it a ring.

"Grant" she said as she looked at the ring. She held back a sob. "I already am yours and I will be yours, forever and always" she told him, taking her hand out of his to put it on his cheek.

"Is that a yes?" he asked. She just pulled herself up to be able to kiss him. She kissed him like it was the last time she will be able to do that, like he was her oxydgen. He kissed back with the same energy.

"I love you so much" she told him as she pulled back.

"I love you too" he told her as he pulled her closer to his chest again and just held her close. Tomorrow they are going on a raid, possibly the last mission for them. He knew it was dangerous and he needed to make sure that she was his for at least that night if something happens to either one of them. He wasn't going to let anything happen to her. They will get out of there together, victorious. But there could always be variables that could change everything, and he needed this as a motivation to get out of there together.