Chapter 32: Just a beginning

She paced the bunker, waiting for the jet to land. She was anxious to see her team, see what damage has been done to them. Ward stood silently behind her, leaning on the wall, watching her.

"They're here" he said.

"Finally" she said marched down there. "Oh my" she said as she saw Jones and Rimens being carried out. Next she saw Hodgins, Teagan and Zambini. She didn't hold back. She went straight to them and hugged them, reassuring herself they were alive and okay.

"The rest is brought back without any harms as promised" Mace said to her as he passed her going out of the jet.

"Thank you"

"No need. They are my people as well" he said.

Skye regrouped her team. and lead them to their room, but not before having someone check them for injuries. After they have been cleared, she left them to rest.

"Hey. They'll be fine" Grant said wrapping her in his arms as comfort when she came back to the room she shared with him.

"You don't know that. Have you seen what that psycho did to them?"

"I did. But they had a great leader. You made them strong. They'll be okay" he said as he pulled her even closer to his chest.

Soon he felt her calm down in his arms, feeling her breathing slowly. She was exhausted from all the worrying. He put her down on the bed and wanted to leave, but she stopped him, asking him to stay with her. He couldn't say no to her, so he removed his boots and sat on the bed next to her, his headd resting on the headboard. He felt her wrapping her hands around his waist and pulling herself closer to him to lay her head down in his lap. Soon she drifted of to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How are they?" Skye said as she stood on the doors to the medical lab where Simmons was checking up on Jones and Rimens.

"More importantly, how are you?" Jemma smiled softly at her new friend. "Ward told me you were exhausted"

"Compared to them I am amazing. So?" Skye wanted to know the situation eagerly.

"Rimens is in ruff shape, but she should be fine. It will take her a long time to recover, but she will be fine" Simmons explained and Skye relieved a breath she didn't realize she was holding. She kept her eyes on the young shapeshifter lying unconscious in bed.

"Is she...?"

"Her cells are regenerating very quickly. Seems her powers helped her get through all the torture unscathered when it comes to powers."

"And Jones?"

"Him...I don't know, Skye what to tell you. I can keep him alive for now, but he is on life support. His powers helped him with breathing, which is really weird. Now he is barely breathing"

"So, he's.."

"Yes. He lost his powers. I am sorry"

"It's not your fault. I am just glad they are alive. But I swear I'll kill that psychopath" Skye raged.

"Fitz has been brainwashed Skye. It wasn't his fault" Jemma defended.

"Yes, but it couldn't have changed every aspect of his personality. Face it. There was always a little part of him ready to experiment on us, kill us even. He's a killer" Skye explained with anger and bitternes.

"So is Ward, yet that doesn't bother you!"

"Grant is not a psychopat. He would never be that cruel and evil to experiment and torture"