Chapter 17: From past to the present

"We need to get to Ward or May, they are only hope. I just hope their brains weren't messed with like your or Fitz's" Simmons thought out loud looking at her former boss, who seemed to recognize the names, but he hadn't a clue who they were.

"They were with us on the Bus, Grant Ward and Melinda May, one of the best specialists SHIELD ever had" she explained.

"They sound dangerous"

"Oh they are. May can singlehadedly disarm a whole unit and beat them with only her fists.  And Ward is just as dangerous, especially with a gun in his hand. He never misses" she continued. "That's why we need them. They have infiltrated HYDRA when we decided to live our lives without fighting constantly. We have to get to them and see how much they remember."

"Why did I quit again, Jemma?"

"Things got intense. We were on the run from HYDRA. SHIELD agents were either dead or have fled, and we were the ones who have managed to escape. You wanted to play the long game, wait and gather our forces, but it got to long and we were out of options. You got mad, almost insane,  so we needed to sedate you. Once you calmed down, you just said you were done and walked out. The next thing I knew you became a teacher and I followed and became a scientist at a local lab."

"Wow, was I crazy?"

"It was a hard time for all of us. You can say we all got a little crazy" she smilled softly at Coulson as they drove to her apartment.

Once they got there, she just threw her handbag on a table in the hallway. She told him to follow her and they got to her living room. She went to the cupboard, opened it and it seemed she started typing something. Next thing you know, a secret door opened behind her.

"I have a really good pay grade now. Plus, I never stoped hoping" she said and went in, telling him to follow.

They got to a small room that was a sort of a lab, with some epruvetes and tubes filled with various liquids and samples that were on a table on one end, while on the other was a single computer.

"This was apartment I shared with Fitz, before all the mess happened. We had this lab built in, after we bought the place. Fitz managed to install some surveillance softwares on the computer before the chaos started and he never came home" she said while looking at the computer where he used to sit for hours trying to install it. He would curse and start pulling on his hair, until he finally managed. She really missed him.

"I upgraded it a little, especially the security system now that HYDRA is literally everywhere" she added as she sat on the computer. She pulled up a window with a database and typed in the names of Ward and May.

Melinda "the Major" MAY 
52
Shanghai, China
Super specialist
level 9 clearence

Grant WARD
28
New York, USA
Deputy head of specialists devision
level 6 clearence

"May has got a very high clearance,says here she is the left hand to Madam Hydra, or as we know here AIDA. May we know would never willingly help that stupid android, so I bet AIDA did the same to her as she did to Fitz. She won't remember us" Simmons commented.

"How about this Grant Ward, he has a high clearnace, but will be easier to access?" Coulson asked.

"You're back, well sort of" Jemma said with a smile at Coulson, who looked over her shoulder as she started typing again. "This here says he's got a mission soon. We need to get to him soon."

"Any ideas?"

"I have one. You used to have this code you wanted us to use if we ever got in trouble and needed help. Only we knew the code, so I think our best chance is to send him the code hoping he remembers and comes"