f i v e ☄️

The night was quiet and dark, with the cold breeze shifting through the undisturbed tents. Tyler slept peacefully in the arms of Josh; who slept with him and kept him hidden in his body.

Tyler dreamed about the garden where he and Josh first met. He remembered when his floweriness resembled through his human like figure, and how their love slowly transformed him into a real life human; breathing and feeling through the petals.

However, the dream was cut short when Jenna walked into their tent. The boy slowly began to stir, but Josh gently kept him asleep.

He gave him a light kiss on his sunflower fluffy cheeks, then sat up and got out of bed to greet Jenna.

"Well?"

The girl didn't hold back the good news.

"Rani was hesitant, but Fauna and Ilse want to do it."

Josh smiled with delight.

"That's wonderful!"

"We can bring Tyler to see them at dawn, can we?"

"Oh, of course."

As they continued to speak in the quietness, Tyler awoke from his sleep and caught vividly at the words Josh and Jenna exchanged.

"Tyler will learn the ways of the Bandito world, and someday sooner, Dema will be defeated." Josh said.

"I agree. Our flower becoming one of us will weaken them, and the victory will be ours."

The boy couldn't believe what his ears had heard. His fears flickered again, and he just couldn't bare the thought of what was going to come of him.

He was going to become a Bandito.

Quickly, before anyone of them caught suspicion, Tyler closed his eyes and pretended to sleep, but the haunting thoughts wouldn't go away.

They never will go away.

~

The next morning, Tyler woke up to find that Josh had left for leadership business, so he broke his fast with Jenna. Afterwards, she began to escort him to see Rani, Fauna, and Ilse.

Along the way, Tyler observed Josh as he spoke with Kai and Ari, who were his most loyal male advisors. Linh was also among them, but she usually did the work with Jenna.

The boy also looked over at some other Banditos, who went along their normal routines. It almost seemed that their lives were simple, but there was more to that.

Living among Trench was like living in a royal cult. You had to follow orders and do what you're told, and you were at risk of lethal work in you didn't.

As they drew closer, Tyler tried to cover himself in his coat, but the wind gusted so harshly, he hugged his petal skin for warmth. Jenna noticed this and put her arms around the freezing boy.

"Are you alright, dear?"

Tyler barely looked at her.

"I-I'm t-trying."

She rubbed his cheek.

"You'll be alright. Once you're adjusted to this new life, you'll get used to it."

Tyler was afraid more than anything. He didn't want to leave his old life behind to become someone that he didn't want to be, but his floweriness promised to stay with him.

He was always going to be the flower.

A few minutes later, Jenna and Tyler arrived at Rani, Fauna, and Ilse's tent.

Instead of walking in and risking to see the women naked or disturbed, Jenna knocked on the flap of the tent, and Fauna answered it.

"Good morning, Jenna."

The blonde girl lightly curtsied.

"Fauna."

The woman looked over and saw the boy standing next to her. His head was lowered down, and he dared not look.

When she saw him, Fauna immediately caught a glimpse of the floweriness he deeply displayed.

"Why, this must be the little flower."

Jenna smiled; playing her hand in his.

"Yes, Fauna, this is our little flower."

"He's such a sweet child."

The woman looked down to him and gave him a little curtsy.

"It's wonderful to meet you, dear. My name is Fauna."

Tyler finally had the courage to look at her with his eyes, and he did not see any resentment or fear.

Aside from Kai and Linh, Fauna seemed to be the kindest of the Banditos.

He curtsied back to her.

"Tyler Joseph. I am the flower everyone talks about."

"And they certainly are right. You truly have the floweriness in you."

The boy smiled.

"Thank you."

Jenna stepped in; pressing her palms against his shoulders.

"Well, he is all yours for the day. If you need anything, Kai and Linh are around."

"Of course." Fauna replied.

The blonde girl gave Tyler a little kiss on the head.

"You're gonna do great."

Pecking his cheek, Jenna left with a smile painted on her face. Tyler was now all alone with the group of women; not knowing what they were going to do to him.

He looked back to Fauna, then he lowered his head and followed her inside.

This was the beginning of Tyler's transformation from an innocent flower to a blind serving Bandito.