t w e n t y t h r e e ☄️

As the night fell upon the grounds of Trench, Kai and Linh still remained at their post; watching over Tyler's grave. Kai kept watch, while Linh rested upon the glass lid and looked down upon the child.

Linh never interacted with Tyler most of the time, but she watched him as he grew up in the Bandito lifestyle, and his never ending love with Josh.

Josh loved Tyler more than anything in the world, and he fought tooth and nail to keep him alive, but the poor child met his fate when he learned the truth of his flowered life.

As Linh watched over the child, she didn't think that he looked to be dead. He looked so fresh, and so beautiful, it was almost as if he was just sleeping.

The girl looked up from the tomb, and looked over to Kai, who was half asleep while watching.

"Kai?"

The Bandito woke up and shook his dead.

"W-What?"

Linh chuckled.

"Did you fall asleep?"

"A little bit." Kai replied.

He stood up and walked over beside her.

"What is it, dear?"

Linh looked back down upon the child, as he lay peacefully in the tomb.

"Look at our beloved flower. He doesn't look to be dead."

Kai looked down at Tyler, and he saw how pretty he was. He agreed with Linh, but wasn't so sure.

"He was dead when we found him."

"But, look now." She said. "He still has color on his cheeks, and his lips are glowing with life."

Linh turned to Kai; grabbing his hand.

"He may have been dead when you and Josh found him, but he now looks alive."

Kai started to heed Linh's words. He began to see that Tyler resembled life, and started to think that maybe he wasn't truly dead.

But, there was no way to prove it.

~

The next morning, right at the brink of dawn, Ari and Olene walked into the crypts, as it was now their turn to watch over Tyler's tomb. When they arrived, they found Kai and Linh leaning against the tomb; fast asleep while locked in embrace.

As Olene stood by, Ari came over and looked into the tomb, where Tyler lay in repose. He began to remember what he had told Tyler, when they were in the woods together.

(Flashback)

Ari looked away again and started walking away from Tyler.

"What does he plan to do when the fighting is done?"

"He wants to take me home."

"Where is home?"

"In our little house that he shared with Jenna, in the neighborhood surrounded by woodlands."

Ari turned back to the child.

"How will he take you home, as the leader?"

Tyler thought for a moment, but with everything that was happening right now, he wasn't sure on how to answer.

"I-I don't know."

Before Ari could say anything else, Kai stepped in.

"Josh can't take you home." He said. "You're a Bandito, and your life is with us now."