t w o ☄️

After hours of walking through the wilderness of Dema, Josh and the Banditos began their journey up the mountain, which will lead them back to Trench. Tyler stayed close behind, and he did not look anywhere else but only at Josh's back.

The boy was tragically afraid for his life, even though he had already been rescued. He didn't know if the Banditos we're trustworthy or if they were dangerous like the Bishops.

He was able to catch a glimpse of Jenna, who was walking close by Kai and Linh. He could see the blood all over her body. He knew she did horrible things, but didn't understand that they were all for the sake of his survival.

As they walked, Tyler was able to sink in the fact that he was free. He didn't see the place they were walking through as a wilderness or a dark desert surrounded by mountains and rock. He saw the place as a forest, which reminded him of his original home; the gardens.

Being a lonely flower on a bush, Tyler had no soul. He didn't have the sense of living a human life or experiencing human instincts. He just grew on a stem and waited to be plucked out and destroyed; ceasing to exist.

15 years later, when he grew into a human and fell upon the ground; not knowing how to walk or talk, or even breathe human air, he earned the right to live.

If it weren't for the maker of the world granting him life, he would never have met the love of his life, Josh.

Another few hours later, the Banditos were about to reach Trench. Josh turned to his people. Tyler didn't want to look like a coward, so he looked at Josh and didn't look down.

"Banditos!" Josh cried. "We have done our duty! We have infiltrated the enemy, and now they wish to seek us out. As we return home, take the time and reflect on what you have done, and become stronger."

The man took a deep breath. Jenna stared blankly at her friend; whom she now serves. Kai and Linh kept their hands locked.

"This won't be the last time we invade Dema." Josh declared. "We must be ready for the next available time. We won't stop until we defeat them all and bring justice upon those we lost!"

Josh raised his torch.

"For Trench!"

The Banditos also raised their torches.

"For Trench!"

Josh's determination to stop the evil that almost took Tyler's life consumed him, and he was willing to do whatever it took to protect his beloved flower.

~

Eventually, the Banditos made it to Trench. Josh and the group were welcomed back in open arms, but when they laid their eyes on Tyler, they turned away.

They knew he was the boy they had promised to rescue, but as Banditos, he was an outsider.

Tyler hid himself away in Josh's grip, and when he saw why he was afraid, he knew.

He turned to Kai and Linh.

"Take him to my tent, please."

The two took Tyler into their arms and walked him into Josh's tent, while Josh himself went to speak with Jenna.

He pulled her aside.

"My people see my flower as an outsider. They promised me they would help them."

Jenna shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't understand either. You are their leader, and they said they would do what you wish."

Josh sighed.

"I don't know what to do."

Jenna could see how helpless he was. He had just rescued Tyler, and he could see the oldness of the Banditos they once were, all because of their previous leader.

"Your people need to see who you are now."

She leaned close to him.

"You need to show them."

Josh began to heed Jenna's words, but the only thing on his mind was his beloved Tyler.

The flower that he fell in love with.