t w e n t y ☄️

Tyler was frozen, as if nothing had changed. He felt himself being dragged away, but couldn't move, see, or speak. His body was skidding upon dark muddy earth, which tattered his clothes within every step.

Despite his trance, Tyler pondered on what was going to happen to Josh, Jenna, Kai, and all of the Banditos. Whoever was doing this to him, he prayed to the maker of this world that they wouldn't be harmed.

At last, when he found himself again, he opened his eyes, but did not recognize where he was. He was able to barely make out his surroundings, which appeared to be mountain, smoke, and fire.

He thought that maybe what he was experiencing was a dream, that he was never taken from the spot he was at. He started calling out to Josh; hoping he was nearby, and could hear him.

"Josh? Josh, where are you?"

No response of his lover's voice came to him. Instead, he heard the faint high pitched voice of a woman.

"Finally, our little flower is awake!"

Tyler was horrified.

"W-What? W-Where am I?"

The unknown woman appeared from the shadows of fire and smoke.

"You have nothing to fear, little flower."

Tyler had to look closer to see who this woman was. When he did, he saw that it was Wren. She was dressed in a black hood, and she no longer showed her pregnant belly.

He was confused and terrified.

"I don't understand, why am I here?! Where's Josh?!"

Right as he said this, Ender also appeared from the shadows, and kneeled down to the poor child; lightly caressing his cheek.

"My dear Tyler, I'm afraid you'll never see Josh again."

The boy felt as if his heart was being ripped from his chest. He didn't want to accept what was happening in front of him.

"W-What?"

Wren then kneeled down to the sweet child. She examined his flowered brunette curls, and his stemmed skin.

"My boy, look how much you've grown." She said. "It's almost as if you've never grown at all."

"What are you talking about?" Tyler asked; heavily confused and afraid.

Ender grabbed the child's chin and lifted him towards his face.

"Tyler, darling, I think it's time you knew the truth."

"T-The truth?"

The boy watched as Wren rose to her feet and began to reveal the truth, which would shake the poor child to his core.

"Over a year ago, there was a young woman. She was poor and had nothing, but the only thing she had was a babe resting in her womb."

Wren turned away and looked into the distance of fire and smoke, while continuing her story.

"When the time had come to give birth, she was afraid of what would happen if she kept the child."

"Why was she afraid?" Tyler asked.

The woman closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"It was unknown to her family that she was a spy for Dema, and her master had told her to get rid of the child once it was born."

Tyler started making predictions on who Wren was talking about when referring to her unborn child, but he didn't think that this story had happened so quickly.