f o u r t e e n ☄️

Tyler, Kai, and Ari were in the Trench woods, separated from the group to find clues on Dema. The walk was long, but Tyler led the way, as he had skills in nature from his time in the garden.

As a flower, he grew up among the trees and bushes, and was able to seek knowledge on what plants were good, what plants were powerful, and what were edible.

Even after he bloomed into a human, he never let go of what he learned while living in the garden.

As they walked, Ari came in and walked beside him.

"These woods seem familiar to you?" He asked.

Tyler turned to him.

"They do."

"Does it ever make you miss the garden?"

"Not really. Being a flower was not easy, as I did not know life, until I bloomed."

"You like your human life, huh?"

"I loved it the moment I fell in love with Josh."

Ari smiled.

"That's sweet."

Tyler trusted Ari, and always enjoyed his company. He became curious about his life and how he got to meet Olene.

"How did you meet Olene?" The child asked.

Ari had never been asked about his past, but he looked away from a moment and began to tell his story.

"It was years ago, when we were sworn to the previous leader. Olene was one of the women that was abused under his reign. When I learned of this, I begged the leader to release her, and he said he would."

He turned back to Tyler.

"But, on the condition that I married Olene."

Tyler had remembered hearing stories about women like Rani, Fauna, and Ilse, being abused by the ruthless leader. Even Linh was one of them, and the last one being Jenna.

Knowing that Ari's fiancée was one of them, it made poor Tyler sad.

"Did you agree to it?" He asked.

Ari nodded.

"I did."

He turned away again and continued.

"When Olene was freed, she was not happy about us joining together in marriage, and she didn't love me."

"Does she love you now?"

"We grew to fall in love a few months ago, when Josh killed the leader and took over. When I learned of what was done, I did not shed a single tear."

A troubled smirk appeared on Ari's face.

"He got what he deserved."

Tyler was not shaken by what Ari said. He knew Josh did what he had to do to secure leadership, and to save his life.

"Now, Josh intends to hunt down Dema and destroy them, all because of the torture and suffering they inflicted on you."

"Josh will kill them, I know it." The child replied. "I am not afraid of what will happen. It must be done, if I am to live."

Ari quietly nodded his head.

"Yes, Dema must die."

The two stopped walking for a moment, but the conversation continued. Kai, who was still closely behind them, stood guard over his two companions.

Ari looked to the little flower child.

"You love Josh, do you?" He asked.

"I am in love with him." Tyler replied. "He was the first person I met in this human form. I am bond to him forever."