Chapter 46

Steph's P.O.V
It's crazy how someones life can be perfectly normal and turn completely upside down, in a blink of an eye... It's even crazier when its the other way around. With Jai, I have one crazy life.

"Thanks, Luke... I'll pay you when we get home because I need to get some money out." I said, rushing to the door.
"Steph, fuck my life, you don't need to pay me- I'm more than happy to sit here with my little niece." He smiled, bobbing my 6 month old baby on his lap.
"Thanks Luke, you're the best." I said, shutting the front door and turning around to see Jai stood there waiting for me. He coughed slightly, causing me to roll my eyes and giggle- "You're still my favourite twin." I smiled, reaching up and kissing him on the cheek. We both walked to the car and looked at eachother.
"Right Mr. Brooks, where are we heading off to tonight?" I said, getting excited. He started the car, facing me and simply wiggling is rather bushy eyebrows. I smiled, with teeth, and buckled up.

So here we sat, feet buried under the sand, sat on a blanket, candles surrounding us and he bought a bowl of strawberries and a tub of Nutella, my favourite- watching the waves crash on the shore in the moonlight. We cuddled together as I fed Jai the last strawberry, I sighed and put my head on his shoulder. He felt so tense, I didn't like it. I lifted my head off his shoulder and looked up slightly to see the moonlight hitting Jai's face perfectly. His lips shone from where he had just licked them, his eyes twinkled as it reflected the moon and his cheek bones looked so defined- yet, the look of worry still happened to be spread across his face.
"Baby?" I questioned, he looked in my direction, "What's up?"
"Nothing." He simply replied.
"Is it the whole Lydia thing? Or the moving in together thing... Is it all moving too fast? Maybe we-" i care about Jai so much, and if he's happy then I'm happy.
"Babe, babe, babe," he whispered shuffling my direction and leaning in so our faces were centimetres away, and he gazed into my eyes, "sshhh... You and Lydia are honestly the best things that have happened to me- everything's that's happened to me in the past 6 years have been incredible, I've felt things I've never felt before, and I've experienced them all with you and our little baby... We're a family" he whispered, after he finished worry still crept upon his frown lines.
"Then what's bothering you?" I asked, leaning out slightly, but soon going back to the same position.
"Whenever something good happens in my life, it ends. It's either ends or disappears." He whispers, his gaze flicking from my mouth to my eyes. I didn't say anything for a while, I was just embracing the moment and taking into thought what Jai really said.
"I love you." I finally replied. He smiled at my response, "I really love you." I repeated.
"Lots and lots babe." He replied, placing one hand along my jawline, pulling me in for a long and passionate kiss. Soon after, our lips were colliding and tongues were slowly dancing together. Jais other hand fiddled around with something as we kissed, I didn't open my eyes because I didn't want to ruin the moment, but I thought he was unbuckling his belt, wanting me to play with him. He soon pulled away from the kiss after sending the butterflies in my stomach crazy, and I prepared myself to go down on him. I opened my eyes and my heart dropped, soon coming up and into my throat. Tears stung the rim of my eyes.
"Oh, Jai.." I whispered, covering my mouth with my hands.
"Stephanie Fox... Will you marry me?" He asked in his gorgeous Australian accent. I tried to get my breath back after silently crying hard. I took my hands away and smiled, biting my lip and staring at the beautiful ring. I giggled slightly as more tears fell- Jai stared helplessly at me, wondering what the answer would be. Kinda stupid he had to think about it really.
I nod slowly, "Yes baby.." I whispered. Relief ran through his body as he took the ring out of the box and slid it on my finger. I examined it.
"Come here.." He whispered, pulling me into a tight hug whilst laying down, shifting me on top of him. I squeezed him back. I drew my head back, crashing my lips onto his, tears escaping both of our eyes.