Chapter 3

Tang Yi's POV

I drove up to the house and stopped the car. As I walked in, the bodyguard bowed at me in respect. The head bodyguard walked up to me and bowed.

"Sir is in his bedroom."

I nodded and walked up to my dad's room. I knocked, but I got no response. As I opened the door, I saw him leaning against the balcony rail, smoking a cigarette. I walked in and stood next to him. He looked over at me and smiled as he dropped his cigarette and stomped it out.

"Good, you're here."

"So, what's wrong? What happened?" I asked urgently.

"Have you seen anything suspicious lately? Anything at all?"

I looked at him confused.

"No, I haven't. Why, what's wrong?"

He sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"I believe we have a mole."

I fell silent. The anger started boiling inside me. The haunting memories of the past coming back in waves. I looked down to avoid eye contact.

"What happened? What makes you believe we have a mole?"

"Our last few weapon shipments have been interrupted by our enemy clan. We've received reports that our men that have been ambushed, and our products have been stolen. They know our trade routes and apparently, our escape routes as well according to the reports.  No one outside the clan should have this kind of information."

He placed a hand on my shoulder, and I looked up at him.

"One of our people must be sharing this information."

I stared at him in disbelief.

"What do you want me to do?"

He shook his head.

"I want you to do nothing. I'll handle this situation. You continue doing your normal life, but make sure to keep an eye out. If anything happens, tell me immediately."

I wanted to argue with him, say something like I want to help, but I could see that his decision was final. I just nodded my head in response. He patted me on the shoulder.

"Get some rest son."

I turned and walked out of the room. When I arrived at my room, I went to my balcony and lit a cigarette. I took a puff and sighed in frustration.

Another mole?

The last time we had a mole was when my mother was alive.

Dark memories came back, haunting me.

Her scream.

The blood.

Me at 5 years old, staring at her corpse in horror.

I leaned my head down, a couple tears escaping my eyes.

Shao Fei's POV

I was in my dorm room, staring at my phone contemplating whether I should text him. The memory of what Tang Yi did was still fresh. I should text him though, even just a simple one.

But what if he's asleep?

What if he ignores me?

What if he gets annoyed?

I couldn't take it anymore and I called Zhao Zi for some advice. He finally picked up the third ring.

"Hey Fei, what's up? Shouldn't you be sleeping?"

"Yeah, later. Listen I need some advice."

"Ok, what is it?"

"Well, something happened at the restaurant."

"What, what happened?"

I took a deep breath to slow down my racing heart.

"OK, TANG YI WAS THERE AND HE CAME UP TO ME AND GAVE ME HIS NUMBER!"

I said it quickly. The phone was silent.

"Zhao Zi?"

"TANG YI WHAT?"

I quickly moved my ear away from the phone. I heard his excitement in his voice.

"Ok, ok, you have to tell me the whole story."

I let out a small laugh. Luckly Zhao Zi couldn't see my blushing face, otherwise he would tease me to death,

"Well, he came in the restaurant with his friend, I did my normal job, and after I gave them the check, he came to the counter and asked me if I would like to hang out tomorrow during lunch."

"Aww, how cute. So, what did you say?"

"Well obviously, I said yes, and he gave me his number."

"And you called me to give you advice about texting him, right?"

"Wow, how'd you know?"

"I'm your best friend, I know you."

"So, what should I do? What kind of message should I send."

"Look, just send a simple message. It doesn't have to be anything fancy."

"But-"

"No buts, just try. Anyway, good luck for tomorrow."

"Zhao-"

The call ended.

I went to the messaging app and went to Tang Yi. 

'Ok, just a simple message. I can do that'

I typed a message saying that it was me and hoping he gets a good night's sleep. When it was finished, I took a deep breath and hit send. I put my phone face down on my bedside table.

Now, I just wait.

Tang Yi's POV

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard my phone go off. I stomped out the cigarette and went to pick it up. I saw that an unknown number texted me. I opened the message, and my heart skipped a beat.

'Hey Tang Yi, it's Shao Fei. I hope I'm not bothering you. I hope you get a good night's sleep. You'll need enough energy for school.'

A smile formed on my face as I read the message. I texted him back and placed my phone down so I could go take a shower.

Maybe this day wasn't so bad after all.

Shao Fei's POV

When I heard my notification sound, I snatched my phone up and saw a message from Tang Yi.

'Thanks for your concern. I'll be sure to get plenty of rest.'

I stared in disbelief at the message. I flopped down on my bed, hiding my face in my pillow as the biggest grin of my life spread across my face. I lifted my head up and read the message a million times.

I can't wait until tomorrow.

(A/N Hey guys, sorry this was late. I don't really have a bunch of free time with school and writers block sucks. Anyway, thank you for your patience and I will post the next chapter as soon as I can. 😊❤️)