Chapter 13

(Small time skip in this chapter. It's only a few days though.)

Shao Fei's POV

For the past few days, I haven't seen Lhong anywhere in school. Not that I care so much about it, but I do find it strange though. I still sometimes think about what he said about Tang Yi, but I choose not to think too deeply about it.

The final class ends and I pack up my stuff. I head out and sent a quick text to Tang Yi telling him I'm off to work. Tang Yi had suggested that he would take me home after work, I just need to tell him whenever I'm done. I received a text back from him saying to work hard. I smiled and got on my bike and rode to work.

The day seemed to go by quickly. Today was a bit more hectic because there were more customers than normal. But as usual, I took their orders and gave them their food. Eventually it was closing time. I finished up moping and went to put all the cleaning supplies away. I headed to the kitchen to see my mom doing the dishes.

"Hey mom, I'm all finished up."

"Ok sweetie. Can you take out the trash as well? Then you can head home."

I nodded and took the trash bag and headed to the dumpster on the side of the building.

"I thought I warned you about Tang Yi."

I turned my head towards the voice to see Lhong. I was a bit shocked but also annoyed.

"What do you want? Why are you here?"

Lhong started moving closer.

"I wanted to talk to you."

"How'd you even know I was here?"

"Don't worry about that. I wanted to talk to you about Tang Yi."

'Not this again.'  I rolled my eyes at him, "If you're going to say that he's dangerous, I don't believe you. Tang Yi hasn't done anything to me. I trust him."

Then Lhong started laughing. I looked at him confused; I didn't even say anything funny. When he eventually calmed down, he looked at me and smiled.

"You really don't know do you? Well would you like me to show you what I mean?"

Then something covered my mouth and nose. I started fighting and squirming trying to break loose, but I started to feel dizzy and my vision became blurry. The last thing I saw was Lhong standing in front of me before I blacked out.

Tang Yi's POV

I checked my phone for the nth time to still not see anything from Shao Fei. I checked the time; he should be done with work by now.

"Something wrong?" Jack asked. 

I just shook my head. I sent a quick text asking Shao Fei if he was done with work. Then Jack's phone starts to ring. He picks it up and starts talking. I don't pay much attention to it. I checked my phone to see that Shao Fei hadn't even seen the text.

"Hey Tang Yi, I'm going to go. Zhao Zi called."

"Yeah ok. See you later."

Jack walks away. I checked my phone one more time and still nothing. I then decided to just go to the restaurant instead. I quickly started heading to my car and drove to the restaurant. As I arrived, I noticed that it was completely empty. I got out and headed to the front door. I see that Shao Fei's mom comes out from the back. She sees me and opens the door.

"Oh Tang Yi, what're you doing here? Shao Fei isn't here."

"He isn't?"

She shook her head, "I told him to take out the trash and just head home afterwards. He's probably home by now."

I sighed, "Ok, thanks for telling me."

"Have a good night, Tang Yi."

I waved goodbye and headed back to my car. I pulled out my phone and decided to call him. It rang a few times before it finally got picked up.

"Shao Fei are you home already? Why didn't you answer my text?"

"Hello Tang Yi, nice to hear from you."

I froze at the sound of the familiar voice.

"Lhong, what're you doing with Shao Fei's phone?"

I could hear him chuckle on the other end.

"Oh, just hanging out with your boyfriend. He's not available right now."

I try my best to not show anger in my voice.

"Where are you? What do you want with him?"

"You know what my family wants. I'll send you the location. Come alone or else I can't guarantee your precious boyfriend's safety."

The call ends.

I received a notification of the location. I know that it would be stupid for me to go alone. I immediately went to call Jack. It rang a few times before he picked it up.

"Jack, we have a problem."

(A/N Happy belated new year everyone. Let's hope this year will be better. 😄)