Chapter 26

3rd Person POV

After a half hour drive, they eventually arrived at the warehouse. Tang Guo Dong got out of the car followed by Tang Yi and all other bodyguards. Tang Guo Dong order a few of the bodyguards to stay outside while the rest of them headed inside. They head to a section of the place and stop in front of a door that's guarded by two people. The guards see them and open the door.

They're met with the sight of Lhong tied in a chair with his head hanging down. Tang Yi could see that he also had tape over his mouth.

Lhong raises his head up and makes eye contact with Tang Yi. Tang Yi could see a look in his eyes that he couldn't distinguish. 

Tang Guo Dong indirectly signals to one of the bodyguards. One of them steps forward and removes the tape from Lhong's mouth. Tang Guo Dong pulls up a chair and sits in front of Lhong, looking directly in his eyes.

"I assume you know why you're here?" Tang Guo Dong asks.

Lhong stays silent, looking angrily at Tang Guo Dong. Tang Guo Dong can see the look in his eyes but doesn't react.

"Don't feel like talking, do you?" Tang Guo Dong asks.

Lhong still stays quiet and averts his gaze to Tang Yi. Tang Yi looks back at him and it seems like Lhong is indirectly taunting him, but Tang Yi sees that his father doesn't notice the look.

"This is going to take a while." Tang Guo Dong mutters to himself.

He signals to everyone to clear out the room. After everyone left the two alone, the door is closed behind them. Tang Yi stays close to the door to try to listen to the conversation. But the only thing he could hear was the muffled voice of his father. He couldn't even hear if Lhong was talking back to him.

Some time had passed when Tang Guo Dong walked out of the room. He goes straight to Tang Yi. Tang Yi sees a look in his eyes and is confused on why he came straight to him.

"So, what did he say?" Tang Yi asked.

Tang Guo Dong looks back at the door and back to Tang Yi.

"He said he wants to talk to you."

That shocked and confused Tang Yi. Why would Lhong want to talk to him? What exactly was he planning? Despite his confusion, he agrees to go in and talk to him. He walks to the door and is about to open it before Tang Guo Dong stops him for a second.

"Make sure to make him talk. Under any circumstances. We need this information."

Tang Yi nodded and headed inside. He closes the door behind him and sits in the chair in front of Lhong. A grin form on Lhong's face as he watches Tang Yi.

"It's nice to see you again Tang Yi. How've you been?" Lhong asks in a taunting tone.

Tang Yi doesn't react, not wanting to give Lhong some kind of satisfaction for getting under his skin.

"Let's get to the point. Why did you want to talk to me?" Tang Yi asked, still confused on why Lhong even mentioned him.

"I just prefer to talk to someone that I'm more familiar with." Lhong said nonchalantly, as if he's casually talking to a friend and not his enemy tied in a chair in a room in a warehouse.

Tang Yi is getting annoyed, but keeps himself composed. He needs the information and if his father wasn't able to get Lhong to talk, then he had to, under any circumstance as he was told. Tang Yi leans closer to Lhong, looking deeply in his eyes.

"What is it that you want? What can we give to you for the information about your clan?"

Lhong goes quiet for a moment, thinking deeply. He then looks at Tang Yi, a wide grin formed on his face.

"Why don't you give me Shao Fei."

Now he wants to kill him. Tang Yi can feel the anger rising inside of him and the urge to lunge at Lhong to either strangle him, punch him, kick him, curse at him, or all of the above. He clenches his fist and tries to calm himself down. He can't let Lhong know that he's getting under his skin.

"You're not going to have him." Tang Yi said in a cold tone.

"Oh well." Lhong said in a fake disappointed tone. "It's going to be a heavy price for any information about my clan. You should know I'd be risking my life by telling you anything."

Tang Yi knows now that making a deal wouldn't be helpful as of right now, so he should say something that will hit him where it hurts.

"Why would you even care about any of them? Why are you even protecting your father when it seems like he doesn't even care about you?"

That seemed to struck a nerve because Tang Yi notices a change in Lhong's expression for a split section. Lhong scoffs at him and looks away.

"Tell me something I don't know. I'm not even a son to him, much less a person. I'm just a pet to him, someone to give orders and tasks to. Just another thing that he can control."

Tang Yi moves closer to him. He could see all the emotions and thought running through his mind through his eyes.

"Look, we have a chance to get rid of Anurak. We can make sure he'll disappear from the face of the Earth. You want to get back at him, don't you? All you need to do is give us some information that can help us get rid of him. We can give you protection until the job is done. When everything is over, we can give you anything you want. You just need to cooperate with us and give us everything we need."

Lhong goes silent for a moment. Tang Yi can see that he's deep in thought. He gets up and goes to the door, expecting Lhong to take a while to think through everything. He's a little irritated at the thought, but if it gives them the information, then he'll take it.

"What do you want to know?" Lhong asked, finally saying something.

Tang Yi turns around and sits back down, a serious expression on his face.

"Let's start with your security."