lala land

angie POV
time skip to dinner, the same night

we got a list of the portion sizes that Sierra was eating while in patient, and tried it match them. thankfully, she didn't argue and try to get a smaller portion- she just ate what was on the plate.

avery, on the other hand, barely touched anything on her plate. all of us, at some point, tried indirectly hinting that she needed to eat. she just replied with nonsense about her bear telling her that she wasn't hungry, or something like that. i'm not watching the same thing happen to avery that happened to Sierra.

"avery, you will become dizzy and sick if you don't eat dinner. seriously, just eat, like, half of your plate." i say.

she nods, and starts eating. i can see she doesn't want to, though. sierra notices also, but doesn't say anything.

we carried on with our conversation, and laughing.

*time skip to 8:45 that night*

Mike and I decided to talk to Avery together. she need to know that both of us are here. George is talking to Sierra about her mental health.

all three of us are sitting in our bed. mike and i are sitting on our sides, and avery is on the opposite side, facing us.

"well, Avery...how are you feeling tonight? you okay, sweetie?" mike starts.

"yep!" she replies, hugging her bear. she's nervous.

i held my arms out for her to come to. she comes to me, and does. she leans her head on my chest, and tears fall from her eyes. i just hug her.

"i'm sorry." she says, softly. "i try to be happy, but i can't."

mike scoots in closer, and wipes her tears.

"baby, it's okay. please don't apologize. we will never be mad at you for how you feel...we need to talk about what the doctor said. would you like to know what he said?" mike ask. avery nods.

"well... he explained that you have childhood depression. so, it is a illness that messes with your emotions. it makes you sad, and lonely. but it is really important for you to know that you're not lonely. you have four people in the house, and ty. but most importantly, you can't control how you're feeling, so we'll never be mad at you for how you feel." he explains. avery sniffles and nods.

we talked with her for a twenty more minutes. we went over the self harm list, and reinforced that she'd never be alone.

she seemed to feel better by the time the talk was over.

she opened up to us, and said she was going ti cut herself, but changed her mind. she told us where hid the razors, and mike went to get them.

"we love you, baby."

"i love y'all, too."

i don't know about mike, but this conversation solidified my opinion on her being on antidepressants.

after avery went to bed, mike and i went downstairs to join George and Sierra. they just finished the list when we got down there. sierra had tears in her eyes, but said she was okay.

"well... y'all had something to tell me." sierra said, trying to hide her excitement.

i chuckle, then look at mike and george. we all had the same the question: who's going to tell her?

we silently agreed on mike telling her.

"well, there is no easy way to say this...but... Angie is pregnant." mike says. he is clearly nervous of what her reaction will be.