15.

MYTHILI:

"Mom.!" I said into the phone surprised to see her calling me at this time. We usually talk in the evenings or nights.

I was sitting on my bed while Arjun is in the kitchen preparing breakfast. To my dismay he is really strict about my food on Rohan's instructions and is not budging on 'only light foods' diet.

"What the hell is happening there?! You were all over the news. Is that true? Your boss is your boyfriend?" My mom shouted.

Though my parents are open minded than many other's, it is still a little difficult for them to accept all these modern day loves.
I haven't said them about my relationship with Arjun, not sure of how they will react.

Now because of the stunt my hero pulled yesterday they got to know.

It's not like I want to hide and have a secret relationship, I wanted to take some more time before telling them. But it's too late.

Though I wanted to explain to my mom and convince her about Arjun, I don't have the energy to do so. My fever has rebounced, not so severe, but I am still having its effect and the pain in the stomach is hurting like a bitch.

"Mom, don't shout please." I said weakly.
"What happened? Why is your voice dull?" She asked concerned.
"I had food poisoning. And have fever." I said sniffing to clear my blocked nose.

"Oh my baby.! How are you know?" All the anger she was feeling was immediately replaced by concern and love. "I am ok. Just need to rest for sometime." I said.

Just then Arjun came with a tray of food. He sat next to me placing the tray on my lap.
"Ok baby. Take rest. I will call later." She said concerned and disconnected the call.

Throwing the phone on the bed I placed my head on Arjun's shoulder, exhausted. I know there's a volcano about to come from my parents.

"Who's that on the phone" he asked amused seeing my reaction.
"It's my mom. Idiot. My parents got to know about us through the news. I am dead now. It's because of you." I said hitting him.

"Easy there angry bird. Food will spill." He said catching my hands. "First have your breakfast. You need energy to even fight." He said moving around on the bed so that he is facing me. Taking the food bowl he started feeding me.

"Don't you want your parents to know about me?" He asked after few minutes, speculation in his voice.

I was startled to hear his doubt. Since the day I met him never did I once hear uncertainty in his voice. He is always confident about anything and everything. Now it made me feel like an idiot to even create that doubt to him.

It also made me angry. He should love me enough to believe me that there might be a reason why I didn't tell my parents.

ARJUN:

"Are you doubting me Arjun?" She asked controlling her anger.
"I didn't say like that." I said taking a spoon full of porridge feeding her.

"Then why do I hear uncertainty in your voice?" She said gulping down her food.

I took another spoonful of food and fed her before speaking.
"I don't know. Why didn't you tell about us to your parents?" I asked again feeding her.

Before she could speak again, I took another spoonful and fed her. I repeated this for three more times without giving her a chance to speak, eager to let her have the proper energy which she needed right now. She seemed too weak to my liking, my heart constricting in dispair seeing her suffer.

Whoever has poisoned her food will definitely see the hell once I get hold of them. They dared to touch my girl instead of coming straight to me. One thing I despised was backstabbing and using loved ones to get to me.

"Stop stuffing food into my mouth and let me speak" she yelled gulping porridge hastily, coughing in the process.
"Slow down angry bird. Here have water first." I said giving her a glass of water.
Emptying the glass she slammed it on the side table.

I sighed seeing her all worked up. Of course I am the reason for that.
"Look Arjun. I love you ok? Do. Not. Ever. Doubt. That." She emphasized angrily.

"About my parents, they are not in a stage to accept my relationship matters with open hands. They might be open minded but not so open to accept their daughter's love interests. I thought of telling them directly when I meet them next month. That leave I applied for three days was for that only. I thought they will agree to me when I explain to them myself." She said with tear filled eyes.

"I am sorry baby. I didn't think it like that. I never thought there will be a problem with your parents." I said kissing her forehead.
"You are burning!" I said cursing myself to put her through this emotional turmoil when she is sick.

"Come finish your porridge so you can have the medicines" I said taking the bowl.
"No Arjun. I cannot eat even a half spoon. I am feeling nauseous. Please let me sleep." She whined scrunching her nose.
"Fine. Have your medicines" I sighed passing her the pills and a glass of water.

"Hold me while I sleep please?" She asked holding my hand stopping me from moving, looking at me hopefully with those big eyes.

"Of course my love." I said placing the tray back on the table feeling happy that she was finding solace from me.
Sliding next to her, I held her waist and pulled her towards me. She turned to my side and placed her head on my chest and closed her eyes.
"Sleep love. It's really hard for me to see you all sick and weak." I said kissing her hair.