34.

ARJUN:

By the time I reached the cabin, Mythili was fast asleep with a laptop on her side. I sat on the couch by keeping her feet on my lap. I sighed, gently tracing her wounded foot with my finger. I rested my head on the couch and closed my eyes.

Aakash's voice echoed in my ears Mythili is mine.
I scoffed remembering that. He has to cross me to reach her.

Sighing I took my mobile "Boby come to Mythili's cabin and tell Vijay to keep the car ready." I said getting up and took the required files so I could work from my home office and both of our laptops.

Boby entered the room after knocking the door. His eyes landed on Mythi. "Sir! What happened to mam?" He asked concerned.

"She is alright Boby. Take those laptops and her handbag. There's a file on my table. Bring that also." I said and carried Mythi to the car.

"Sir is mam alright? Should I take us to the hospital?!" Vijay asked worried.
"Let's go home. She is alright and sleeping now." I said sighing.

Vijay and boby have grown very fond of Mythili, sometimes I get a doubt of who their boss is. They follow her every word like a devoted father and brother.

.

SLAP! My hand went to my cheek where Megha had slapped. Yup it's her.

We have reached our home and Mythi is in our bedroom.
I had told what happened and how she got injured to Megha. And that's the reason for her slapping.

"How can you be so stupid? What if something serious have happened to her? I am sure she wouldn't even have minded her wound. All her worry would have been on you. You do realise that it's her, everytime that's getting affected when it comes to you? But what you are doing? Nothing but increasing the possibilities of getting her hurt." Megha yelled and went to her room.

I sucked in a sharp breath. That's true. Guilt consumed me like anything. I went to our room and sat down on the carpeted floor near the cot. Taking her hand in mine I kissed her palm and waited for her to wake up.

MYTHILI:

I woke up to a fluffy matress beneath me and a comforter on me. It felt refreshing after a peaceful sleep. Sleep?!

I looked around to see I was in our bedroom. How did I come here! The last I remember was me laying on the couch going through the mails.

I looked to my right to see Arjun sitting on the floor, with his head resting on bed.

I ran my hand through his hair. He woke up with a jerk.
"How is your pain love?" He asked after a few seconds of staring at me.
"It's better." I said in a monotone. "Will you tell me what happened atleast now?"

"Aakash was released from jail." He said looking straight at me. "He is keeping track on us. We still don't know how."

"What! How?" Panic is clear in my voice. He repeated what Ajay has told. "And.." he stopped like somethings bothering him. "What Arjun, stop panicking me"

"Tara's accident was planned. Truck driver is missing. But we found his mobile. The last the driver spoke to was an unknown number. We don't know with whom he spoke. We couldn't trace the number."

I broke down listening to him. Tara was no way related to this mess. But just to make us suffer someone killed them.

"I am sorry love. Everything happened to you is because of me. I am so sorry. I couldn't do anything about it. You are getting hurt because of me. I am sorry. Now Aakash wants revenge because I took his company. If I haven't done that, this wouldn't have happened" he said with tears in his eyes.

It broke my heart to see the strongest man I ever knew so vulnerable. I sat up and took Arjun's face in my palms.

"Don't ever say that Arjun. We are here because you took over BH. Or we wouldn't have met. I would have missed you. I will go through any amounts of pain just to be with you Arjun.

And it's not your fault he wanted revenge. I rejected him. Instead of being a man, he chose a wrong path. We will get through this together. Please don't blame yourself." I said with tears flowing like a waterfall and kissed his forehead.

"No, no. Don't cry love. See I am not crying. Please stop it. I can't see you in tears. I will be strong for you. Now please stop crying" he said wiping my tears with his warm palms.

.

Not touching my wounded foot, he placed his head on my lap.
Running my hand through his hair I spoke "so what's the plan now?"

"I have no idea love. I think it's better if we stop our outings and limit them to office and home. Right now we don't know where Aakash or Pranav are. Our guess is Pranav is helping him in tracking us. Other than that we don't have any leads." He spoke with his head still on my lap.

I would be lying if I tell that it didn't affect me. I am freaking out inside. But I wanted to be strong for Arjun, for Kittu and the unborn twins.

"Good luck convincing Kittu then. He was already nagging me about aquarium." I said chuckling.

"What! That's not fair. How can I say no to him?" He shrieked looking at me. "Just like how you do to me. All the best." I said winking.

"You're an escapist." he said getting up and leaning on me. I fell back on the bed laughing while he supported his weight on his elbows and stared at me.

"You look beautiful" he said with so much conviction that I wanted to accept his compliment. "You say that because you love me." I said smugly. He scoffed as if I was stupid and kissed me like there is no tomorrow.