18.

ARJUN:

"Baby, listen to me.." I pleaded her. I never even in my wildest dreams thought there will come a day where I will be pleading someone to talk to me. If anyone had said this before I would have laughed on their face.

It's been almost a week now after our small fight in her home. She has recovered and started coming to work.

Being the boss of the biggest firm in the country, I didn't have the luxury to stay at home and take care of her. I had returned to work the next day with Mythili's serious warning of not to skip office anymore and that she feels alright.

I am still persuading her to have bodyguard. I have appointed a bodyguard without her knowing. Now I am trying to convince her, so that I can make it look like I appointed him after she accepted. It's not that I liked lying to her. I didn't have another choice.

"Is there anything else you want from the files room? I have lot of work to finish." She said with a straight face placing a file on my table.

I stood up and went to her. "Please be normal. Can we have a proper conversation?" I asked taking her hand guiding her to the couch.

She sat on the couch and looked straight. Sighing I sat next to her. As childish as it felt, she moved to one corner keeping a distance between us. I felt amused by her actions but didn't dare laugh at her.

"You really think you can avoid me?" I said trying to control my smile and moved to her. I held her by her shoulders and turned her to me and gave her a peck. Not giving her a chance to react I kissed her again deeply.

After a few minutes I let go of her lips, and started pestering feather light kisses on her jaws going down to neck. Though she sat there trying to control to not give any reaction I saw her fisting her palms tightly. A small moan escaped her lips.

"Alright, enough. You proved your point. Stop torturing me." She said pushing me lightly with a small smile on her face.

It felt like ages to see her smile. "I love your smile. Please don't stop smiling." I said cupping her face and stared into her eyes which were shining with love for me.

"Please listen to me" I asked her.
"Arjun please don't start it again." She said removing my hands from her face.

Just then someone knocked the door and Ajay entered. "Hey lovebirds"

"Is everything alright?" He asked seeing our faces.
"Tell her to have a bodyguard" I said frustrated and got up.

"Yea about that. Arjun, You won't like what I am about to show." He said and opened his laptop that I didn't notice he brought with him.

"Mythili you might also want to see this." He said and turned the laptop to her. I sat next to her, stared at the screen.

My blood boiled seeing the video. I took the flower vase that's next to the couch and threw it to the wall and started pacing.

"Arjun..! " Mythili gasped.
"I told you it was intentional. But you didn't believe me." I shouted turning to her. I tried controlling my agitation and started pacing again running my hand through my hair.

The video is of Pranav adding something into Mythili's food plate when no one was watching.

"Mythili it's better if you have a bodyguard. Listen to Arjun on this."
I turned to see her. She just nodded. I sighed in relief.
Ajay left after sometime. Mythili is silent all the time pale with fear.

MYTHILI:

"Love, look at me. Nothing will happen to you. I am here to protect you." He said cupping my face.
"I am more feared for you." I said taking a shaky breath.

Before he could reply I continued "that plate was supposed to be your's. I was teasing you and forcefully took it from you remember? I am now glad I did that. I couldn't bear if something happens to you. I will die a thousand times if it keeps you safe Arjun." I said with tears.

Thank God nothing happened to him. What if the poison was something dangerous. Luckily, in his hastiness, Pranav dropped max amount of that thing on the floor before adding in the food.
Just for the little amounts, the suffering I went through was horrible.

"Don't ever say that. Do you think I can live happily if something happens to you? It was torturous to see you suffer when you were sick." He said tightening his grip on my shoulders.

I just hugged him. No words can explain how I was feeling right now. Encircling his arms around me he pulled me more into him, basking me in his manly odour, giving me the sense of security I needed.

"Love, I need to tell you something." He said looking down.
I sat straight and glanced at him.
"It didn't feel right to hide this from you. So please understand and stay calm ok?" He said getting nervous.

"What's that Arjun. You are scaring me."
"It's nothing. Really.. I actually.. Ummm.. I,..." He stuttered.
What the hell..! It was amusing to watch him all worked up.
I raised my eyebrow still waiting for him to say something.

"I already appointed a bodyguard for you and he is been following you from one week." He blurted.
"What?!" I yelled shocked.
"Yea. He was following you from a distance so you won't notice and not to make anyone suspicious." He said rubbing his neck.
"So you lied to me" I said with a stone face.

He was immediately infront of me kneeling down and took my hands.
"Baby don't get angry. Do you know how fucking scared I was when Ajay said that the cctv footage was deleted. I knew someone was behind that. Try to understand my anguish. Do you really think I could be at peace without knowing you are safe or not?" He said with concern and anger.

"Ok fine Arjun, fine. I know I can't win with you on this. Tell him to follow how he did all these days. What's his name anyways?" I said irritated with the idea of someone following me all day long.
"He is Boby. I will give you his number. He already has your's. In case you need help with anything you can tell him." He said.

I can see he was relaxed a bit with my acceptance. But I was scowling.
He sighed "Love he will be with you, when I am not there. Most of the times I will be with you." He said cupping my cheeks.

"What about you then?" I questioned.
He chuckled. "I already have bodyguards darling. They always follow me. They maintain distance. If there's any emergency they will be next to me. Other than that they will be in the shadows."

My mouth opened on its own in shock. I never knew that. Ofcourse he is an influential fellow in the country. He needs security. Who am I kidding.

"Aren't we going to sue him?" I asked after sometime.
"No baby. We can't. The video is not clear and it's his side face showing in the video. We know that he is Pranav, but he can fool the judges by saying it's not him. We need more solid proof." He said sighing.