23.

ARJUN:

"Check your mails" is the only thing Ajay said as soon as I phoned him. Sighing I opened my laptop. Going through the mails Ajay sent, I found few photos.

The photos were of Pranav and Aakash meeting at some kind of old garage, some were in public areas. The most that startled and angered me was, a photo of me, Mythi and Tara's family in a restaurant. Pranav is sitting on the table a little away from us, my back facing him.

"That bastard!" I whispered. He was following us!
"Yea I also felt the same. It's again like on and off. All of a sudden they disappear from the radar. Just be careful." He said.

Placing my mobile on the table I was still observing the photos, an unease settling in my heart. Someone knocked on my door bringing me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I barked annoyed by the disturbance.
"Sir, mam sent you tea and asks if you are ready." A maid said timidly coming into the room. Placing the cup on my table, she rushed out of my study.

Sighing I took my cup. Taking a sip, I walked to our room.
Closing the door behind me, I saw Mythili trying to zip her dress, some mild music playing in the background. She is so concentrated in her attempts, she didn't hear the clinking of the cup on the table.

I went to her and hugged her from behind, running my fingers on her bare back, I whispered "you look ravishing love"
She gasped surprised by my presence "you scared me Arjun!" She said leaning more into me.

Helping her zip up, I turned her to face me and kissed her deeply, pouring out my fear and uncertainty into the kiss. I felt helpless.

There is no lead in catching Pranav and Aakash and it is freaking me out. I was always in control of situations and for the first time in my life I couldn't bear not being in control.

"Is everything alright?" She asked cupping my face with a frown on her face.
"It's nothing love. I will go and get ready." I said going to the bathroom.

I didn't want to freak her out. Last time when we told about Pranav tracking our movements and the video footage from the launch event had made her so panicked, it took sometime for her to be normal without being paranoid every now and then.

MYTHILI:

"Arju, are you sure you ok? What was the call about with Ajay?" I asked him. We are on our way to Social, Vijay driving us, we both in the backseat.

He is awfully quite after the phone call with Ajay, deep in thought fisting his palms.
"It's nothing love. You stay safe and stay with me." He said kissing my forehead.

As soon as we got down, Boby came to Arjun.
"Boby stay alert and observe everyone. If you find anyone suspicious keep an eye on them" he said.

"Arjun?" I questioned fear starting in me.
"It's nothing baby. Just being cautious. There's nothing to worry." He said placing his hand on the back of my waist and taking us inside.
I just nodded my head, trying to believe him.

"Hey lovebirds." Shalini said as we reached our table.
Abhinav, Rohan, Ajay, Vaibhav, Neetu, Shalini, Maya, Varsha Ajay's girl friend, everyone is here. "Woah! What's going on guys?! Everyone is here!" I exclaimed.

"Ask Rohan. We had to cancel our date to make it here." Varsha scowled. She is a sweetheart. We met her in our last get together and we all became close instantly.

We all turned to Rohan with questioning looks.
"Come on guys ! Stop intimidating me. Order something first." He said nervously.

Chuckles erupted among the table. We were having some small talks after ordering our drinks and starters. All the males seriously discussing about something, all having frowns on their faces.

"What's going on?" Neetu asked seeing them.
Before anyone could reply, Rohan stood up. "Finally, he decides to speak!" Varsha said with sarcasm.

He came to where Maya is sitting and got onto his knee "Maya, will you marry me? I know I haven't asked you to be my girlfriend nor we have dated. But I am sure, I don't want anyone else other than you. I love you so much, I want to start my life with you as soon as possible. Please marry me."

Every one of us is waiting with battered breathe for Maya's response. Slowly she got up from the chair and stood infront of him. With a small smile she said "yes" nodding her head, tears flowing on her face.

"Yeaahhhh!" We all shouted clapping and someone in the audience wolf whistling for the new couple as they kissed.

"Waiter, bring a champagne" Arjun ordered enthused.
Opening the champagne he poured it into our glasses and we all toasted.
Everyone got settled, eating food, happiness in the air, it's contagious.!!

.

My phone rang disturbing us from the gossip we are having.
It's my mom. "Mom? I am busy right now. What's the matter?" I asked.

"Tara's car met with an accident. We are in hospital. They died Mythi. Come fast." Mom said crying.
"What?!" I yelled. My phone slipped from my hand.

"Love what happened? Love talk to me." Arjun asked shaking me.
"Tara's car met with an accident. Mom is still on the line " I couldn't speak more than that. Tears started running down. I couldn't control my emotions.

Arjun picked up the phone and asked for the hospital details. We rushed to the hospital. Our friends followed us. Everything went by in blur. We reached the hospital and rushed to my parents.

"Mom, dad. What happened?"
"It's a hit and run case. They died on the spot." Dad said.
"Kittu? What about Kittu." Please let him be ok I begged in my mind.

"He is alright. Just a small bruise on the head. It's a miracle." Dad filled in with all the details.
We rushed in to the room where Kittu was being treated. My heart cried seeing him on the bed with tubes connected to him.

Our friends waited outside the room for us. They have met my sister and became quite close. They too felt sad hearing the news and rushed with us to the hospital.

In a matter of seconds the entire mood has changed. Everyone's face is gloomy. There is no trace of smiles on any of our faces that was present just sometime back. Happiness is contagious and so is sadness.