16.

MYTHILI:

"I want something spicy." I said to Arjun who is in the kitchen. It's late in the evening and Arjun just finished preparing dinner for me.

I was sitting on the couch in the living room with a blanket around me, sniffing and sneezing to clear my stupid blocked nose.

"Mythili stop being difficult. You have to have that soup and steamed vegetables. You are still recovering." He said leaning on to the counter that's dividing the kitchen and dinning area with a stern look on his face.

"No. I am sick of this tasteless food. Please let me have something spicy. A little bit please?" I was being stubborn. I can't help it. Who eats this stupid bland food when they are sick?! Definitely not me..!

Sighing he came and kneeled infront of me. Taking my hands in his he spoke. "Love please have this food now. See you still have fever." He said touching my forehead with the back of his hand.

"After you recover, I will take you to which ever place you want and you can eat all the junk and spicy food till you get bored of them. Now please have this soup for me."
"Fine. Aaa, feed me." I said opening my mouth.

Just then we heard chuckling. I turned to see my parents standing at the door watching us.
"Mom! Dad?" I said getting up and rushing to them. I hugged mom and dad happy to see them after a long time.

They live not so far. It's just a three hour journey from the city. I should have expected this, when my mom disconnected the call without much of lecturing.

"You are still stubborn on eating junk food when you are sick?" Dad asked smiling.
"Mom dad this is Arjun, my boyfriend." I said to them guiding them to the couches.
"Yea got to know that from all the fuss" mom said with a pensiveness.

"Hi mam, Sir." Arjun said nervousness clear in his voice.
"Mom.." I started not knowing how to take this matter further.

"Stop intimidating them Madhu." Dad said to mom smiling at us.
"Don't worry kids. Were are not going to stop you. We just came to check on you, to see how you're doing. Thought of taking care of you. But your boyfriend is tending to you more than we ever did."

And that's when my mom smiled. "Stop bothering him and have your food. I really pity him. He has to deal with all your tantrums." She said taking Arjun's side.

What?!

"Thanks mam. Atleast there is someone to understand the struggle I had to go through." He said sulking.

"Call us mom and dad Arjun." Mom said to him patting his hand affectionately. Dad smiled and turned to me. "Eat the food kid. It's getting cold." He said sternly.

I grumbled. Now three against one. I can't escape this food.
"Mom can you feed me please?" I asked giving her the best puppy dog eyes.
Chuckling she sat on the couch patting space next to her for me to sit.

.

"He really loves you." Mom said to me after sometime. After having dinner me and mom are in my room. I had my head on her lap while she is gently running her hand through my hair.

"Probably more than us. You are lucky to have him, thinking of you always and taking care of you. I was worried, not knowing who this boyfriend is. But now, I can see the love he has for you. I am happy for you."

At the same moment Arjun entered with my medicines and water.
I sat up and smiled at him. Returning my smile with his own charming one he said

"You forgot to take the medicines." giving me the pills. "Rohan called to check on you. He is stuck in hospital with emergency surgeries. He couldn't make it here." He took the glass from my hand.

"How do you feel now? Does your stomach still hurts? Should I inform him about the pain. May be we should change the medicine." He asked concerned.

"Arjun calm down. Pain has subsided. I am just weak. Other than that I am alright." I said taking his hands into mine to stop his rambling.

He looked down into my eyes searching my face for confirmation.
Nodding his head he left the room. All the while my mom is seeing us with a smile on her face.

"Did you speak with your sister?" Mom asked after sometime.

My sister Tara and her husband live in another city. They have a five year old son, Krishna. I always call him Kittu. He is a sweet heart. I was so attached to him, sometimes I feel like he should be my son. If Tara got to find out I was thinking like this, she will kill me.

"No mom, it's been a while. I think she will call me when she sees the news" I said laughing.

Arjun:

Mythili was staring at the phone with a small smile when I entered her room. "What are you smiling at?" I asked sitting next to her.

"Just now spoke with Tara. She is more excited about us than we are." She said chuckling. "I told you about Kittu right? I really miss him. Wish he could stay with me." She said longingly.

"You know, we can try for our own if you so wanted a kid. I am always ready to fullfill your wish." I said teasing her and kissed her neck.
"You are shameless Arjun. Shut up. Let's sleep, I am tired" she said blushing, lightly hitting my chest.

"Is Mythili by your side?" Ajay asked. He phoned me when we are almost about to sleep.
"Yes" I said getting skeptical.
"Come aside and speak." He said getting impatient.

Keeping down Mythi's hand from my waist I got up from the bed.
"Where are you going?" she spoke in her drowsy state.
"I will be just back, you sleep love." I said and went to the balcony that's attached to the bedroom and closed the glass door behind me.

"The party's footage was deleted." He spoke before I could respond.
"I tried retriving it till now. It may take some more time or a few days."

I cursed listening to him. "So it was intentional. Someone really poisoned Mythi's food." I said trying to control my temper. Anger is surging through me like a lava. Someone hurting her is something I couldn't bear. I so wanted to kill that fucking bastard, whoever that was.

"Why did you ask me to come aside and speak. Shouldn't Mythili know about this?"
"You want to stress her in this condition? She is already sick. Let her rest now. Tell her tomorrow." He said.

I came inside to see Mythi controlling her sleep. "Why are you trying so hard to stay awake?" I asked amused.
The anger and frustration I was feeling a moment back has calmed down just seeing her face. God I love her so much.

"You seemed disturbed while talking. What happened?" She asked sitting.
"It's nothing love. I will tell you tomorrow. You have to rest first. Come let's sleep." I said laying next to her and pulling her to me.

"Damn, you are burning. I seriously don't know what stupid medicine Rohan gave you. It's not at all working." I grumbled.

She chuckled lightly. "You are worrying too much. It needs time for the medicine to work. Good night." She said yawning.
"Good night love." I said kissing her forehead and pulling her more into me.