chapter 14

Everything went well and Emilio was just discharged from the hospital.

We're on our way back home now.

He finally finished the list, so I know what to cook for him. I asked Mary to go grocery shopping for me, I didn't want to leave Emilio alone.

„Oh my god.", he looks at me with wide eyes.

„What?", did something happen?

„What about uni, isn't it exam week soon? I didn't intend on holding you back from studying.", he looks shocked.

„My goodness, don't worry me like that. I thought something terrible happened. But yes, it's exam phase soon but don't think about that, I already took care of everything. You just need to concentrate on resting.", I hope he doesn't think about this too much since stress is the trigger for his condition.

„This doesn't make it better if you think that. I don't feel relieved at all. Let's make a deal. I concentrate on resting and you concentrate on your studies, at least for a few hours a day. How does that sound?", he holds out a hand.

„How can I be sure that you won't do anything stupid while I'm in my study?", he covers his face with his hands and laughs.

„Are you serious? Why would I do that? I need to get better to start working again. I can't waste time.", he's ridiculously hot right now.

What the fuck am I thinking? Get your shit together, Eliana!

„Okay fine, but if I catch you doing something stupid we'll go back to get you checked out.", he rolls his eyes but gives me his consent.

He goes upstairs and takes a shower while I cook us dinner.

———

„Alright let's go to sleep, you need to rest. A lot. I'll stay upstairs with you that way I can check up on you at night.", he nods and we go upstairs. Onto his floor. I'm relieved to see a couch. I haven't noticed it before since I didn't have the time to look around.

„You. Get on your bed. I'll turn the lights off.", I demand.

„Damn chill. I didn't know my wife was this bossy.", he acts like a child.

„Should I count this as a stupid thing?", I raise my eyebrows and look him dead in the eyes.

„Well, I should go to sleep. I'm tired anyways.", he climbs into his bed like a 4-year old.

I turn the lights off and settle down on the couch.

Somehow I can't seem to fall asleep. Being in his bedroom feels weird.

I can feel his presence on my back, it isn't uncomfortable it's the total opposite. I have the strong urge to look at him, to touch and feel him but I can't do that.

I lie there thinking about wether I should or shouldn't turn around to look at him.

I... can't anymore.

I walk up to him. He's sound asleep. I smile by the sight of him. Now that I know how I feel about him, my feelings are more intense than ever. Everything about him is hot, sexy yet unbearably cute.

I lie down, looking at his side profile.

My chest feels warm and my head is empty.

I close my eyes and fall asleep next to him.