chapter 29

I just came home and put the food into the fridge. I walk upstairs and start my revision. My exams are really really soon and my blood pressure is so high, it feels like my heart is about to burst. I'm honestly so scared, never in my life have I ever felt this way, maybe because these are my last exams ever? Anyway, I was 2 hours in when I hear someone unlocking the door, that's why I go downstairs.

Emilio just came in. As soon as he saw me he dropped everything and rushed toward me, hugging me tightly.

"Everything okay?", I hug him just as tight. Judging from his facial expression, he had a really bad day. The way he furrowed his brows and formed his lips.

"No, I had a terrible day today and I missed you so much. After this morning I felt so guilty. I feel like I pushed you to work with me and that was absolutely not my intention, you have to know that."

"I know.", I loosen my grip and look at him.

"You didn't push me to do anything. Don't worry about that. What happend today?", I stroke his cheeks.

"There were a few problems with my brother and he yelled at me, honestly I didn't even listen because I was worried that I might've forced you to do something and then I missed you so much.", he drops his head on my shoulder.

"Do you want some comfort food? I got us some food earlier.", he nods his head.

"Alright.", I think he doesn't want to leave my side for today. He needs me right now. 

I walk into to the kitchen to prepare the food. Emilio stands behind me, watching me putting the fideuà into the microwave. I turn around to face him, he wraps his arms around my waist and buries his head in my neck. 

"Was it that bad?", I ask him.

"What?", he looks at me all confused.

"The argument with Elio."

"He'll be fine."

"And you? Will you be fine?" l look into eyes searching for something.

"I am fine, as long as I'm with you.", he looks exhausted.

*peep* 

"Our food's done.", I gently kiss his lips.  

We ate our food and got ready for bed. 

"Emilio?", I take a deep breath.

"What's wrong, you don't look so well.", he sits up.

"I'm scared.", I stare at the floor.

"Of what?", he crawls over to my bedside and draws circles onto my back.

"Just the thing you said this morning.", I still don't look at him.

„You mean the job?", his voice, light as a feather.

"I was always an independent girl. I cared for my family and started working, but when you asked me to work with you, I... I felt like you were taking my independence away. Like you were tying me down. I'm scared, Emilio.", I finally look at him. I'm not blaming him, I just can't handle the thought of being tied down.

"This is going really fast. I didn't know you when we got married and it took half a month for the first conversation we've ever had and since then it was going so fast. Like we had skipped everything. If I really work with you it would be it, you know?", a tear rolls down my face.

"Oh my god. I didn't know that it was that hard on you, I'm so sorry. And like I said you don't have to do it. Everything will be fine, we just need to talk to each other, okay? I understand that it's going a little bit too fast, also with us visiting my parents, but I love you Eliana and nothing will ever change that, I promise.", our foreheads touch and I close my eyes.

"If I decide to work with you, could we... work something out? It would mean a lot to me.", I wisper.

"Anything you want.", he giggles.