chapter 28

"You think I should do that?", I take a bite of my garlic bread.

"Yes 100%. Why wouldn't you? The internship would be great on a resume, because if they see that you made it to his company they're gonna freak.", Theo says. 

After all my lectures I decided to visit my family. My parents were busy working, but Theo was free to talk to me, so I told him about what Emilio had asked me this morning. I wanted to tell Ivy and ask her what she thinks about this situation but she doesn't know that my husband is a billionaire who also is one of the most famous business men in New York. So I couldn't tell her, at least not yet, she has no self-control. She would blur it out the second she knew, so I'm gonna wait.

"Who do you mean by 'they'?"

"You know, all your profs and the whole campus."

"How would the campus find out?"

"Eliana, everyone has connections and friends except for you.", he's dead serious.

"THEO YOU JERK!", I box his arm.

"It's the truth. And if you don't want to admit it, tell me who you're friends with.", he tries to cover his grin up, but it's too late I already saw it, you jackass.

"Well Ivy and... I have you guys... You know what I mean."

"I know, I just like teasing you.", he continues to polish the glasses.

"Ha ha, very funny.", I roll my eyes at him.

"Do you think working with him would be a good idea?", I hesitate. 

Everything with Emilio is going so fast. I didn't even know him when we got married. I almost didn't go through with the wedding because I was so scared, it was a huge step and I was afraid that he might ruin my life forever. He is someone everyone knows, yet he's the man the world has never seen before. I was simply terrified. And now, this is the same feeling all over again. I fear that I might be rushing into this Emilio thing. What if we don't work out and I'd still work with him. If I work with him I would be tied to him, on the other hand, his company is one of the best places to work at and I would still be working with my family, since I would be managing everything.

"Eliana.", he answers slowly. I look at him.

"You know what I think? I think that you're overthinking this. All of this. Don't make your life too hard and just think step by step. Do you remember the night you came into my room? You fell apart because you were scared and if you keep this going, it will happen again. Just talk to him. He will listen and be honest to him. He seems like a genuine and nice guy, he deserves to know his wife's fears.", he gives me a reassuring smile. This is exactly why I love my brother. He is so cute and mature. I hope he will find someone some day.

He was right. Yesterday when I talked to Emilio everything didn't seem scary because I was with him. Having this feeling is the same as having second thoughts. And that is not what I actually feel. I need to talk to him, I need to share my thoughts and feelings with him.

"Yes, you're right. I will talk to him later. Thank you, Theo. You're such a sweetheart, do you know that?", I smile too.

"Do you think mom and dad will mind if I take a little bit of food? I don't want to cook today."

"I don't think they'll mind. What do you want to eat? I have to go into the kitchen anyways.", he puts the glasses into a box.

"I'll take 2 Gazpacho and 2 Fideuà."

"Alright, I'll be right back."