Chapter 21

"There is still time," I told Arya, while I was getting on the bus to Trivandrum. "I mean, there is again a bus at 11."

"Have a nice trip,"

"So really won't come."

"Told you already," There was a laugh in that.

"Even if we can like cuddle together on the sleeper bus."

"That's a tempting offer but, no.... Bye, Appu."

I smiled and got up to my single sleeper bed on the bus. And I could not help notice a married couple in the double sleeper opposite me. Seeing me notice them, the guy closed the curtains of it. I was so damn jealous....

The night sky and moon was so beautiful as well. I took a photo of it and sent it to Arya.

Night sky photo and he said 'wish I had you in my arms'. That made me regret the decision so much. And the night sky picture was reminding me a lot of the first-ever text Nikhil sent to me. Maybe next time I should go with him... Just for the bus journey.

But....home....

I have not gone home much for the last two years. Only for Onam. Because Amma was almost on the verge of tears. But I did not want to go home. I had no home. This was my home... Or not... Nikhil was my home. It made me miss him more and wish if I had gone with him. Why did he have to go alone? Why can't he just stay?? I sighed.

I was in the living room of the flat, so Samatha noticed my sigh. She was my flatmate. A peppy Christian girl from Kochi. A year younger than us and just moved into the flat recently. "What happened?" She asked.

"Nothing. Nik's gone for the weekend." I said. "So..."

"We should do something," she said. "I mean, have some fun. It's Bangalore after all." Ann and others were coming in too. "Come on, who is all with me?" She asked. "Girls night. Tomorrow. We go to a club."

"Club?" I asked.

"Yeah, it will be fun?" She said. Sounded good.

"Club?" I felt uneasy. "Ehm..." I looked around at the guys. I was at Adi's terrace. Adi's MBA has just got finished. He had found himself a job in one of the top companies in India in campus recruitment. But he dared to turn down the job and come home because of the start-up plan he has had for a while. Asif and Sharan were working in Trivandrum itself. So, it was only me who was out of the city now.

Since I had arrived in the morning, and Amma has enough time to feed me till I burst. So I rushed to hang out with my friends.

"What are you wearing?" I whispered to the phone, standing at the corner of the terrace. The guys were busy making drinks.

"Samatha lent me one of her dresses. I was about to wear jeans, but she lent me the dress. It looks good on me..."

Then why am I not the first and only one to see it...? Damn it. "Will you dance and all?" I asked.

"Maybe," she said. The Indian boyfriend part of me wanted to be there with her, so no other guy try to flirt with her. But there was this other side which made me feel relaxed because I trusted her. "Send me your picture." I said, "Okay,"She laughed and we hung up the call.

I went and sat by Adi, but I kept checking my mobile.

Nikhil: Call me if something goes wrong