The Origin and Evolution of Duel Monsters

Hello, readers. I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter of my story. As you probably have guessed, I'm not very good at writing Duels but I feel like skipping them would take away from the story so I'm sorry if they suck.

I know some people hate the Action Cards, but I assure you that they won't be permanent. They'll just be for the Standard Arc, but very rarely will they be used.

As I'm sure some of you have guessed, I am bringing back some legacy characters for the story. But to make myself clear, Yugi, Judai, Yusei and Yuma don't exist. They won't play any integral part of the story.

Anyways, let's get to the next chapter.

Chapter 2 – The Origin and Evolution of Duel Monsters

Maiami City – Center Court

The dark aura around Yuya dissipated and he released a breath that he didn't even know he was holding. "Whoa...that was..." He looked at his hands. "What was that?"

Yuya closed his eyes. "Those visions I saw...that man and the dragons...why did it feel so familiar? And my pendant..." Yuya looked at his pendant which was at rest and not swinging.

"Come to think of it..." Yuya narrowed his eyes as he was about to come up with a theory.

"You won, Yuya!" Yuya snapped out of his thoughts and turned to where his mom and friends were cheering for him.

"You defeated Strong Ishijima, by yourself!" Yoko shouted.

"That was amazing, Yuya!" Yuzu cheered.

"You did it!" Gongenzaka raised his fist.

"Whoa! I'm boiling!" Shuzo was, of course, being Shuzo.

Yuya smiled as the people important to him continued to give him support. He then saw the audience cheering for him, despite the hazing from them earlier. But they didn't matter, the smiles of his mom and his friends, that was enough for him.

The kid with blue hair that watched Yuya was staring at him with admiration. He wanted to be just like Yuya.

"Pretty cool, huh? A lot of monsters came out!"

"I've never seen something like this!"

Everyone was talking about the summon method that Yuya pulled out on this Duel.

"Damn it, what was..." Strong tried to get up but Nico ran past him, causing him to fall back down.

"Bravo! Excellent! Congratulations!" Nico shook Yuya's hand very fast. "It was a splendid victory, Yuya! Could you introduce that fascinating summoning method that granted you the victory?"

"Oh, uh..." Yuya wasn't sure how to answer that question. "I don't even know what the hell I did."

Leo Corporation (LDS)

Reiji Akaba, the CEO of Leo Corporation, entered his office with his right-hand man, Nakajima behind him with a tablet.

"President, we identified the boy." Nakajima reported as Reiji sat behind his desk. The screen showed an image of Yuya. "His name is Yuya Sakaki. 14 years old."

Various images showed him having ice cream with Yuzu, working at his job at a card shop, as well as accepting a reward for his academics at his school from the principal.

"He's a second-year student at Maiami Middle School. He's classified as a Junior Youth in terms of Dueling." Nakajima explained. "However, his Dueling record is...pretty scarce."