Memories On The Other Side Of The Heart

Here we are with Chapter 42. We are getting closer to the end of the Standard Arc with only a few Duels left.

I hope you all enjoy what you are about to see.

SparkySparkpaw: Thank you. That means a lot since this is my first fanfiction. Yuya will get that dragon but later on. Also, he will use the gates but not in this part. He is still growing and I don't want to make him too OP now.

Anyway, on with the chapter.

Chapter 42: Memories On The Other Side Of The Heart

Fusion Dimension – Professor's Chamber

Leo Akaba was watching the footage that Kaiser sent to him. "There's no mistake. Those dragons are hers. The same ones when she used those four cards to defeat him."

"But I've never seen these evolved versions...Supreme Queen...well, she was the best female Duelist. Could this be possible because of the new Pendulum Summon?" Leo thought.

"What do you recommend we should do, Professor?" Kaiser asked from the screen. "The four targets have all succumbed to exhaustion, but they were taken away before the Obelisk Force could apprehend them."

"Knowing my son, he'll have a group to protect them." Leo said. "What about the Rare Hunters?"

"They were all defeated except for Rishido." Kaiser reported.

"That's not a surprise. Rishido is Marik's right-hand man." Leo closed his eyes. "And the Obelisk Force?"

"One squad was defeated by Ruri Kurosaki according to Darkness." Kaiser revealed. "Two more squads attempted to capture Rin and kill Yuya Sakaki, but a group of Duelists from LDS intervened. One of the squads retreated and is on Standby while the other one is currently dealing with the LDS group."

"Hm..." Leo sighed.

"Sir, if Yuya Sakaki is out, I can instantly eliminate him." Kaiser suggested.

"That won't do. In order to make sure that he is eradicated, he must be defeated in a Duel. That has always been the rule." Leo pointed out. "Tell me something Kaiser? Do you think you can take Yuya Sakaki out?

"I have no doubt in my Dueling Skills, but I also know that Duels are unpredictable. That a single draw can turn the tides." Kaiser admitted. "We have experienced that against the Atlantis Duelists."

"That's right. There was only one Duelist that defeated you, Rafael, was it?" Leo asked.

"Yes sir. And he's here with the others, helping the enemy." Kaiser confirmed. "But, the goal of Academia is more important than my hunger for victory."

"That's why you're my favorite." Leo smiled. "Continue to monitor the Duelists and get me connected to Marik. I have to remind him of what happens if he fails me."

"Yes sir." Kaiser nodded. "Also, sir...about Sora Shiunin..."

"Say no more." Leo said. "Darkness has already reported the situation to me. I will not tolerate anymore insubordination. Erase him...permanently."

"Affirmative." The call ended.

Leo stood up from his throne and looked at the machine that continued to gather the cards of people trapped inside them. "This broken world will soon be restored...and so will you, my daughter."

"But I still don't understand why you protected that Demon?" Leo wondered. "Why would you protect the one who broke your heart?"

Jungle Area