LDS's Pendulum Duelist: Neo New Sawatari

Alright, here we are with Chapter 31. As I'm sure you know, this is a Sawatari Duel. I will admit, I was upset that the only Duels that Sawatari was able to win were ones where he was partnered up with someone. Well, here's some justice for him.

Godofwar01: If you refer back to Chapter 16, when Yuya unleashed the darkness on the Academia soldiers for striking down Yuto, Yugo and Yuri some of that darkness remained, that darkness was Zarc and he took the pieces of him back from Yuto, Yugo and Yuri and disappeared. He's still out there, unknown to anyone. The girls won't be kidnapped but they'll still be pursued by other Academia Duelists and they'll stay in Standard until it is time for the mission to begin.

Triscythe59: Thank you. That means a lot to me, especially since this is my very first fanfiction.

Now then, on with the chapter.

Chapter 31: LDS's Pendulum Duelist: Neo New Sawatari

Sakaki Residence – Yuya's Room (The Next Day)

Yuya was lying on his bed, still unconscious from his Duel with Rafael. Beside his bed was Yuzu, Ruri, Rin and Yoko, all of them were concerned for Yuya's health. It has been 12 hours but Yuya still hadn't woken up yet.

Yoko was surprised last night when Yuzu, Ruri, Rin and Gongenzaka came over with Rafael, who was carrying Yuya. She had prepared his bed and brought the first aid kit and bandaged some of the burn marks on Yuya.

Rafael apologized to Yoko for putting Yuya in this state, but when she asked why he did it in first place, all Rafael told her was that Yuya was the key to the future and then left.

"Can you girls tell me what happened last night?" Yoko asked the girls.

"It's...it's complicated." Yuzu answered. Not even she knew how to explain it, I mean your best friend becomes malicious after playing a card and then learning that he had a dark, shadowy dragon within his body.

"You mean you don't even know yourself?" Yoko questioned.

"Yes ma'am." Rin admitted.

Yoko sighed. "Well, there's nothing more we can do but wait for Mr. Sleepyhead to wake up. Why don't you all go to Center Court? The tournament is still going on, right?"

"But..." Yuzu didn't want to leave Yuya.

"Don't worry, if he wakes up, I'll call you." Yoko assured Yuzu. "You three need to scope out the competition. You never know, your opponent for the second round could be Dueling right now."

"She's right." Ruri stood up. "There's nothing we can do here. Plus, we haven't really checked in with Mr. Hiiragi. He has to be worried."

"Yeah, and we should also update Gongenzaka as well." Rin added as she stood up.

"Okay." Yuzu gave in and stood up. The girls left the room, leaving Yoko and Yuya.

Yoko sighed before grabbing a wet cloth and putting it on her son's head. "I hope you wake up soon." She held her son's hand.

Yuya's Mind

Yuya yawned as he woke up. "Man, what a dream." He stretched his arms. "Another me with dual-colored eyes, a man with the same face as me destroying Maiami and striking my friends and family down. I need to stop having dairy before bedtime."

"You didn't have any dairy last night." Yuya blinked before he turned to his right to see Odd-Eyes Yuya waving at him. "Good morning. Or is it evening. It's hard to tell in the mindscape."

"Wait? You mean, I'm still in my head!" Yuya shouted.

"Dude, calm down. You'll wake up soon, but until then, we need to begin your training." Odd-Eyes Yuya stated.