Quiz Duel?! The Intense Mental Showdown

Sorry for the wait, everyone. Here is Chapter 17. Don't expect too much from this chapter. You might call it a filler but it is still considered and official Duel in the Qualifier Rounds.

I've answered this question to some people via private message, but I wanted to say that even though Yuto, Yugo, Yuri and their dragons are gone, they're not gone for good. That's all I'm gonna say.

Anyway, on with the chapter.

Chapter 17: Quiz Duel?! The Intense Mental Showdown

Maiami City – Business District

Today was Day 2 of the Junior Youth Battle City Qualifiers. Yuya, Yuzu, Ruri and Rin decided to meet up in the Business District.

"According to the article, this was where the latest attack took place." Yuzu read a news article regarding the LDS attacks.

"Which means Shun was here." Ruri affirmed.

"Hey, Ruri. Why would your brother go after LDS? I don't think they have any connection to Academia." Yuya said.

"That's what it I thought too." Ruri answered. "But I've been gone from the Xyz Dimension for about a month, they probably found a lead and that's why my brother is here now."

"Question. Does your brother happen to use a Winged Beast-type deck?" Rin asked.

"Yeah, why?" Ruri asked.

"Because no normal bird can make those scratch marks." Rin pointed upwards. The others looked at where she was pointing and saw giant scratch marks on the sides. "I'm no bird expert, but those look like talons to me."

"And so, the mystery thickens..." Nico said as he lowered his Sherlock Holmes hat and blew bubbles out of his smoke pipe...wait a minute.

"Nico!" Yuya, Yuzu, Ruri and Rin jumped in surprise.

"Good morning, You Show." Nico took off his cosplay and bowed.

"How long have you been standing there?" Yuya asked.

"Oh, I just got here." Nico said. "But enough about these mysteries, it's time for another Qualifier Duel." As it turns out, they were also on a monorail station and the monorail pulled up in front of them. "Now, come along

"W-Wait!" Yuya tried to protest as Nico pushed him, Yuzu, Ruri and Rin onto the monorail and it took off.

Maiami City – Monorail Line

"So, tell me, are any of you good at quizzes?" Nico asked.

"More or less." Yuya answered.

"If I studied for them, yes." Yuzu said.

"Depends on the category." Ruri added.

"I'm actually self-taught, but I do watch a lot of quiz shows." Rin revealed. "Even though I got some of them wrong, I was able to learn from them at least."

"I see..." Nico said. "Ah, we're here."

Meiseki School

"Meiseki School. Wait, isn't this that famous cram school?" Yuya asked.

"That's right! Whether they're scholars, politicians, or any field of scholar, the top class of any field has come from this school!" Nico explained. "You could call it the school that cultivates those who succeed at the game of life!"

"Is that so?" Rin questioned. She had to admit that most of the Tops have earned their place back in Neo Domino through high level education, but there were some who were just lucky to be born as one and didn't have to work a day in their life.