5.8 taikai

Resa looks at the men in suits that look at the students. "Hey, stay focused," Miguel says training with her.

The two train as they make their way over to them. "Miguel and Theresa. They were our first students and are together with Samantha, Eli and Robby the best in the dojo," Johnny says looking at them.

Robby switches with Miguel and starts training with Resa. Their day is spend with presentations of different training ways.

At the end Resa prepares to leave with Eli to the pizza party at the LaRusso house but her and Sam are pulled back. "We have a hard decision to make. But we wanted to ask you two too," Johnny says looking at the two girls in front of them.

"Rees, you're doing better. But we are worried about what could happen if you fight Tory again," Daniel says looking at Resa.

Chozen looks at the girl. "I think, you could win. But you have to know you could win. You have to face fear, face Tory," he says making Resa nod.

"And if you can't fight, I'll fight," Sam says grabbing her hand and squeezing it.

"At the moment, I think I can do it. But I don't know what happens if I stand across from her on the mat," she says looking at her Senseis.

"I think, it's best if Resa fights. But if she can't, I'll fight," Sam says nodding.

The next day she walks next Eli into the dojo of cobra Kai. He's not happy with her and keeps his distance.

She looks at Tory who is warming up next a new female sensei. "Rees, come on," Robby says grabbing his sister's hand and pulling her away.

She stands next Eli with Sam on her other side. Tory looks at her and Resa gets a flashback of Tory kissing her for the first time. She closes her eyes and shakes her head.

"I can't do it," she says softly suddenly feeling panicked.

"Rees?" Sam asks grabbing her arm.

"I can't, I can't do it," she starts crying.

Johnny walks over to her and grabs her arm. "What's going on? Talk to me," he says blocking her from Tory's view but not before Tory sees the hand holding Resa's belly.

Resa shakes her head as Eli puts his hand over hers. "It's okay, Sam can fight, right?" He asks Sam who nods.

"Take her away," Johnny says to Robby.

"No, I want to watch," she protests.

"You need to take a breath," Miguel says.

Daniel looks at her and shakes his head. "Grab her some water," he says looking at Anthony.

Resa calms down as she drinks slowly.

"And?" Eli asked as she looked at something.

She handed it to him getting up and washed her face. "You're not fighting," he said walking over to her as she turned around.

"Yes, I am," she said.

He shook his head, "I didn't stop you last time." He said with a red face that doesn't match with his green mohawk.

"It's my body and I'll decide if I'm gonna fight or not," she said with a frown and tears in her eyes.

"But it's my baby too!" He yelled in her face.

Resa looks at Eli as he gets on the mat. She runs over to him and kisses him softly. "Goodluck," she smiles before walking back to stand next Robby.

Kenny gets a point and Resa groans. "Come on, baby. You got this," she says loudly.

He gets in position and is supposed to get a point but the ref says it's out of bound.

In the next round Kenny grabs his leg during a kick and plants his elbow in Eli's leg making Rees step forward. Robby stops her looking at Eli as he walks over to them limping a bit.

"Warning? He should be disqualified," Daniel says angry while Resa walks over to Eli.

"No, it's okay. He just caught me off-guard," Eli says leaning on Resa a little bit.

"Are you sure, Eli?" Daniel asks.

Eli looks at Resa who nods at him. "No more Eli. It's time to uncage the Hawk," he says before walking back on the mat and shaking off the pain.

Resa looks at Kenny noticing he's gonna use a move she's never seen before. He lets out a shout as he hits Eli in the chest hard. Eli lays on the mat and groans softly.

"Eli?" Miguel asks as Resa runs over to him.

She grabs his hand as he grabs it squeezing it hard. "It's okay. I'm here," she whispers.

"Can you fight?" The ref asks.

He tries to get up and Resa looks at her dad behind her. "Where's the medic?" He asks.

"That's a forfeit. Winner, Payne!" The ref says making Resa get up.

"He couldn't breath!" She yells angry all of a sudden.

She looks at Kenny who walks back onto the mat. "I guess you got a new name, Faux-Hawk," he smiles at Eli who looks at him still on the ground.

Resa launches at Kenny and hits him hard in the face. "Rees!" Robby and Miguel yell grabbing their sister as she tries to hit Kenny again.

"Theresa Lawrence is disqualified!" The ref says walking over to them.

She walks to Eli as he sits on the stairs with her dad. She sits next Eli where they watch the fight between Sam and Devon as Tory is suddenly gone.

Sam wins and Eli and Resa join the group again. They get the announcement that they'll be joining the Seikai Taikai.

They get to host a party but Resa decides to stay home. Eli goes anyway leaving her alone in the house.

Resa lays in their bed with a book and music on the background.