Chapter 17: Caught in a lie

Chapter 17:

Everyone could tell that I was panicking. My eyes were practically bulging out of my eye sockets as I opened my mouth to say something but it came out empty. I did not know how to respond to the blonde's questions and frankly, I didn't want to. I can't believe I'm about to be exposed! I already have a terrible image at school if people found out about my other identity here at work who knows what will happen!? This is all Wakasa's fault!

Is this the end of my career? 

"Does she look like Yoshida Sho?" Wakasa told the blonde who was staring at me suspiciously. "Sho's not as nearly as good-looking as this little lady, don't insult her like that," Wakasa added as he placed one arm around my shoulder to show me off or something,

As much as I wanted to snap the arm of my former roommate, I just let his comment slide. Actually, I was kind of thankful that he spoke up for me but it is technically his fault we were in this situation in the first place, he just had to bring his egotistical girlfriend here, he knew I didn't want anyone from the university to know!

"I go by Shoyo here at the cafe, nice to meet you," I told her as I tried my best to give her a friendly smile. God was testing my patience today and I feel like I'm about to fail soon. I don't know how much of this I can take, "We really have to get going," I announced to everyone then grabbed onto Ikuya's arm so I could drag him out and leave the rest here, they could just follow to the party afterward. I just really didn't want to be anywhere near Shiori and Wakasa.

"I'll come with you, I'm free for the night anyway," Did she just invite herself to the party? Wow, I don't know what to say, but she definitely shouldn't come to the party with us,

"Oh, I don't think I can invite any more gue--," I tried to tell her no but it seemed like Ikuya was too much of a nice guy to let anyone get left behind from this shindig.

"The more the merrier, right? I'm sure your manager doesn't mind if we bring one more person. I mean, she's already here, we can't send her home alone," Ikuya told me, I was left stunned in place, he then led everyone out of the cafe and we all just followed behind him.

Shiori went ahead to walk with Ikuya, I heard her thank him for agreeing to bring her along. I wasn't really paying attention to their conversation. I was mostly distracted by the proximity between the two, there was barely any.

I was not happy with this,

Today was supposed to be a good day. I wanted tonight to be about just Ikuya and me but now I have to worry about Wakasa and his stupid girlfriend. 

The only thing left I could do was completely avoid them once we arrived at the party.

"You must be freezing," Wakasa said lowly as he placed his jacket over my shoulders, "You should have changed first before we headed out,"

"The management wanted us to attend the party in our costumes so he could post more pictures on our Twitter page," I mindlessly informed Wakasa who was walking beside me, I didn't really want to be anywhere near him either so I tried to pick up my pace but it seemed like he has more to say to me.

"Sho-chan, can we talk?" He said lowly as he gently held onto my arm, preventing me from walking ahead of him any further.

"2 minutes," I told him as we slowed down our pace and walked behind everyone.

"About this guy, I don't want you seeing him," He bluntly stated. 

I blew up on him,

"Excuse me?" I scoffed, what he said definitely rubbed off on me in a bad way, "Why do you care who I go out with?"