Chapter 35: Gym Madness

Chapter 35:

I arrived at the gym with a positive mindset, I was so sure I was going to win this bet with little to no struggle. I don't work out, but what's so hard about watching a few muscle heads working out? I'm just going to sit back, drink coffee, and read some BL manhwas while I wait for closing.

Well, that was my initial plan but boy was I fucking wrong.

"Oi, why is the equipment sticky?" One of the customers complained. One of the other customers must have used it and didn't wipe it off.

"Miss, I need someone to spot me," Another customer told me. I can't spot for a guy who can carry a truck. This guy was fucking huge!

"Onee-san, I don't feel safe, that old guy has been eyeing me for about 20 minutes now," This female customer approached me.

I was being swarmed with customers' complaints and requests, I was getting pretty overwhelmed and I really didn't know what to do.

"Uhmm~ I'm just here to watch the shop while Wakasa is out," I lied, hoping they would find their own solutions to their problem.

All of them grunted, completely unsatisfied with my service while some even clicked their tongue at me in annoyance and I couldn't help but panic.

If Wakasa finds out I'm doing a terrible job on the first day then I'm going to lose the bet.

So I did what any sane newbie worker would do,

I pretended to be busy the whole day so no one would bother me, and it did work but I don't think I can keep this facade up for one week. They will surely complain to Wakasa once the bet was done.

"I don't think I can do this," I said as I was hiding in the staff's changing room, completely exhausted for god knows what reason. 

...

"Wakasa probably has it worse than me, right?" I tried convincing myself that I can still win this bet. I slouched down at Wakasa's office desk with a tower over my face, trying to catch my breath. 

It was almost midnight and I just finished cleaning up the gym. How could Wakasa come home at around 7 PM with all these chores? When the customers left, the gym was a mess. The equipment was scattered everywhere so I had to return them to where they were, I also had to wipe them clean because they wear sweaty and sticky.

I haven't eaten the whole day either but every time I think of food I feel like vomiting from how exhausted I was, I think I'm moments away from passing out.

"The place looks spotless, good job!" I heard a familiar voice say as they entered the gym. It was Wakasa, Benkei, and Takeomi, and they bought takeouts with them.

The moment I smelled the food, I quickly got up from my seat and ran to the restroom, and puked my empty guts out.

"Hey, are you okay?" Wakasa said as he knocked on the restroom door, after rinsing my mouth and splashing my face with cold water, I headed out of the bathroom.

"What did you buy? It smells awful," I grimaced, he then raised his eyebrow at me.

"Orange chicken, your favorite," He pointed out, "Are you okay?" Fuck, he might think I got sick from working at the gym. I can't let him have the upper hand in this bet, it's too early!

"Yeah, just a little exhausted but nothing I can't handle," I lied, he seemed reluctant but decided not to push further with the questioning. "So how was the shop?"

"Good, I tweeted that I was going to be in the shop the whole week and a bunch of girls came to support me," He teased. I was even too tired to be jealous, what the fuck, "How's the gym?"