62

Will went downstairs after getting dressed for school to see El waiting for him patiently. She smiled a bit as she saw him.

"Hey, you okay now?" She asked. Will thought to himself a bit before nodding.

"Yeah.. I'm good." Will started, making his way past El and to the door, putting on his shoes. El frowned a bit as she followed.

"So.. are we gonna talk about it?" She asked. Will sighed as he opened the door. He had completely forgotten that she had said they would talk about what happened. He really didn't want to.

"Do we have to? It's not that big of a deal." Will replied as he walked out. He held the door open for El before closing it behind them.

"Will, what did he say to you?" El asked as they began to walk down their driveway, not answering his question.

"Just.. called me names. Again, not that big of a deal." Will replied. El gave him a concerned look.

"If it's the same type of names he called you last time then it is a very big deal, Will." El started, "We should talk to your boss, get him fired or.. or something!"

"No.. we can't do that." Will said. El furrowed her eyebrows again.

"Max got fired for yelling at her manager a few weeks ago, it's basically the same." El responded. Will sighed.

"Still, it won't help anything." Will said, looking down at the ground a bit as they made their way down the sidewalk. El sighed.

"It could help a bit.. I mean it'd probably make work a bit more enjoyable." El responded.

"Even when he's not there it's unenjoyable, El." Will started before sighing, "Everything is unenjoyable." El frowned a bit before putting a hand on Will's shoulder.

"I'm sorry.." El started before Will interrupted her with a sigh.

"Don't apologize.. I know you mean well, I just really don't want to focus on it right now." Will responded. El nodded a bit.

"Yeah, I get that." El said looking down a bit. Will looked at her before smiling slightly.

"Max got fired? How did I not hear about this?" Will asked. El smiled a bit with a slight laugh.

"Yeah, from that coffee shop she worked at. She yelled at her manager and called her something that.. wasn't nice." El replied. They both laughed a bit before Will put an arm around El.

"By the way, I know I don't say it much, but.. I'm really glad you two are together." Will said. El smiled at Will.

"Thanks. I am too." El responded. Will nodded with a slight smile. They continued walking and talking as they headed to school before meeting up with the rest of their friends behind the school. Max smiled widely as she saw El and Will turn around the corner. Max walked up to El, pulling her in for a quick kiss. Lucas and Darren waved at Will as he took his spot on the wall next to Dustin. Lucas's arm was around Darren's waist, holding him close to his side. That was one of the reasons they all met up behind the school, no one was around to see any of this happen. Will waved back at the two before crossing his arms against himself.

"Hey, dude! Haven't seen you since yesterday morning." Dustin said to Will suddenly.

"Hi, Dustin.. and sorry about that." Will responded. Dustin sighed as he put an arm around Will.

"Don't apologize, man." Dustin said. Will nodded.

"Sorry." Will responded with a slight smile. Dustin laughed a bit.

"You seem to be in a better mood." Max said, both her arms around El as she stood in front of her.

"What do you mean?" Will asked.