chapter 9.

Jeongguk stood by the stairs watching Taehyung tiredly put his coat on, visibly wincing at the children excitedly shouting what they wanted to buy from McDonald's. Jeongguk leaned against the wall and wondered how Taehyung had the money to buy them all a meal. Well, since he's in a mansion he probably had enough for anyone.

"Are we going to walk to McDonald's?" Jeongguk finally spoke, leaning against the wall whilst Minjoon stood next to him, eyes casted down. He looked down at him and softly smiled, the tip of his finger tips caressing his soft hair.

"Yeah, there's four of them there won't be enough room in the car for you and Minjoon," Taehyung put on some shoes, opening the door for the others to race out like a group of dogs.

Jeongguk followed after, taking Minjoon's hand into his walking with a big distance between the rest. He occasionally checked up on the boy, he remembered what Taehyung said about him not being able to fit in which made him feel sad.

The boy reminded him of Taehyung quite a lot, except just younger and much more likeable.

"Your brothers really annoying and weird, isn't he?" Jeongguk decided to spark a convo even though the boy couldn't talk.

Minjoon frowned and shook his head, removing his hand from Jeongguk.

"I'm kidding, your brothers...nice," Jeongguk attempted to cheer him up, but it didn't seem to work. The younger continued to pout and huff, crossing his arms to show that he's mad, "No seriously, he's funny, sweet, smells good," Jeongguk chuckled. A feeling of accomplishment took over when he felt a tiny grasp around his hand again.

After about fifteen minutes of walking, they finally entered the McDonald's and the group ran to sit down on a table together. There was no room left for Taehyung and Jeongguk along with Minjoon who was staring with glazed eyes.

"What do you want? I'll pay since you're doing me a favour for hanging out," Taehyung stepped away from the device to select food from and allowed Jeongguk to go in front, placing down whatever order he wanted.

Jeongguk didn't thank him or anything, just coldly walked off with the boys little brother trailing behind him.

Taehyung sighed paying for the food and moved to the area where the collection was. He absolutely despised Jeongguk, and even more now.

How could the boy make his life miserable, make him look bad and now win over his siblings hearts?

I can't wait for tomorrow morning, he'll finally piss off. Taehyung cheered himself up easily by imagining the worst possible things happening to Jeongguk.

Whilst watching the workers pack the food, his phone buzzed and he pulled it out to see that his only real friend had texted him.

Hoseok 😋
can you hang out?
hop on the PlayStation or something bro I'm so bored

th
I can't minas having a stupid sleepover so I have  take care of that
Finishes tmr tho so we can play all day if u want

Hoseok 😋
YESSS OK

Taehyung silently giggled, switching his phone off again and placing it back into jogger's pocket. Once his number was called out he sighed and managed to somehow take two trays towards the table.

He sat next Minjoon once he was done letting the table behind him do their own thing. He avoided Jeongguk's gaze purposefully, not wanting to even look at his stupid face after their late night talk.

Jeongguk didn't want to look at him either, all he could think about was them kissing. He felt ashamed of himself, the way he was willingly making out with the boy. He could feel his lips tingle at the memory which only frustrated him more.

"Are you not going to eat anything?" Jeongguk decided to break the awkward silence between them, smiling at Minjoon who was struggling to open the happy meal box, "Here let me help," he leaned forward and began to open it.

Taehyung looked up from his phone, ears burning at how Jeongguk was staring right at him whilst so close. His heart stuttered the second both of their eyes fell onto each others lips and then up to their eyes.

"No, not hungry," Taehyung's monotonous voice sent a shiver down Jeongguk's spice as he sat back, just nodding slowly and focusing on his own fries.

Minjoon watched him with a pout, then turned his chubby face to Jeongguk who raised an eyebrow at him. The boy picked up a fry and pointed at Taehyung before putting in his mouth.

'What?' Jeongguk mouthed, watching him do the action again until his face was stuffed with fries and he finally got the idea.

"Hey zombie face," Jeongguk called out, grinning when he saw the boy glare at him as soon as he looked up, "Say ah!" He picked up a fry.

"Huh?" Taehyung tilted his head confused, jumping when a fry was thrown at his face, "Oh grow up!" He groaned making the elder burst into laughter.

"Sorry sorry," Jeongguk eventually calmed down when he saw Minjoon frowning, holding back a smile too, "You should eat something, you're going to upset your brother," he held a fry in front of Taehyung again, a gentle smile on his face that was different to his usual devilish one.

Taehyung felt his face burn up as he leaned forward and took the fry between his teeth, lips brushing against the tip of Jeongguk's fingers.

Jeongguk smirked at the boys red face and returned back to eating, "By the way the film project, when are we gonna do that? We have a week,"

"Whenever you're free," Taehyung shrugged not taking his eyes off his phone again.

"Okay," Jeongguk replied.

They didn't talk again after that, nor did they at the arcade. Taehyung went straight to bed with Minjoon and Jeongguk was left alone in his room again.

At the arcade Jeongguk spent his time with Minjoon playing at some kiddy game whilst Taehyung stressed around somewhere else. They reunited when it began to get dark and Minjoon was asking to be picked up again.

Jeongguk laid back down on Taehyung's bed, staring up at the ceiling with an arm behind his head and the other resting on his stomach.

Got I can't wait to go home.

So sad jk has to go home now and now taekook have to go back to school hating each other 😏 I hope nothing happens to make jk stay. 🤭